cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unauthorized inquiry

tag
mcampbell1014

unauthorized inquiry

I filed for Ch 7 late last year and I'm almost 6 mos. out from filing. My first question is, when dating my BK is it from the date of filing or the date of discharge? Also, after I filed I was a dummy and got sucked into one of those letters that everyone gets after filing. You know, the ones where everyone wants you to get a new car?? So I went looking because I was about to lose mine in the BK and didn't really have a Plan B. I applied 1 time and ended up with 2 different inquiries. However, I didn't purchase anything at that time and thankfully my dad talked some sense into me and helped me to find a plan B and bought a used car outright that I'm fine to drive until the wheels fall off. Anyway, as car salesmen do, he drove me crazy calling me every other day even despite being told I'll call you when I make a decision, don't call me, until I finally told him to quit calling me because I wasn't buying anything at this time. About two weeks later, the same car dealership ran my credit again! Not only did they run it again without my permission and without a purpose since I'd already told him I wasn't buying but he ran it again with the same company that wouldn't approve it two weeks earlier!! He knew it wouldn't approve, honestly, I think he wanted to see if I'd purchased somewhere else and if I'd been looking elsewhere based on inquiries. My question is, can I and how do I get this removed? Do I have any recourse? I know one inquiry out of all the others isn't going to make much of a difference in my score, so is this something I should even worry about? Or should I attempt to do something about it just for the spite of him doing something he wasn't authorized to do?
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: unauthorized inquiry

Dispute it with the CRAs.

It will be removed

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.