Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

?

I have been successful getting a lot of the nasty's off my credit report but because I have no credit lines reporting on Equifax at all, It looks like I have no credit at all and my score is still really low and I can't seem to qualify for anything.

Where should I go in order to get a secured card that reports to all three bureaus. Not sure If Bank of America would be an option. I am afraid that they would even decline me for a secured card at this point. 

Also, just had 7 collection items removed from my equifax report. I pulled myfico score yesterday and my credit score has not changed at all.. Is there a lag between equifax and myfico in updating the score. thanks..

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Gotons
Regular Contributor

Re: ?

I went with US Bank.  I do however have a savings account and checking account with them, so not sure how that affects their decision to accept me into the secured card program.  It has a minimum deposit of $300 and was told that it would become unsecured in 12 months if the account was taken care of.  The deposit that you put down for your card also accrues interest (it's ridiculously low, but something).

Other people recommend Orchard, but I have never done any business with them, so I can't give you any information on that, but you should be able to find plenty by searching the forums.  

As for the non-change in scores, how long ago did you get the baddies removed?  It takes 30-45 days I think for some of them to update.  

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: ?

I'm not sure where your credit score is right now but when mine was in the low 500's I was able to get a non-secured Gold Mastercard through Orchard with a $300 limit (instant approval online).  2 years later, it's now a $700 limit (they don't increase them substantially but every little bit helps). 

It's a good card and I've never had any issues.  The low CL stinks because it makes it impossible to use for my monthly expenses but I have 1 bill charging against it every month and I pay it off in full. 

They report your balance on the very last day of the month to the CRA's and the balance that they report is the one that you have on the very last day of the month (not your statement balance) so let between 7-9% of the CL report if you can.  I always pay my balance right after the first of the month. 

Good luck!  It's a climb (which I'm still doing) but it's so worth it!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.