bourgogne
Valued Contributor

Re: urgent! can someone please look at this judgement stat

@sjt wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@sjt wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This is nuts. How do people that make this much money let their credit go? I've had years where I had 300K+ in my hands thanks to an inheritance as part of it, and I made every last payment on all of my accounts to get them either PFD, or paid-charge off to help rebuild. Are you sure she is not lying. If she really has the money, AX im sure will let her pay the whole amount and maybe get another card in a couple of years. Then again with that kind of income, who really needs credit

don't get me started lol.  I have known her for years, 3+ decades.  she comes from wealth and is very successful in her own right.  he ex not only fcked up her credit but her kids.  nice guy huh.  anyway she is cleaning it up and writing checks to everyone, the queen of pfd ha-ha.  of course I am trading sex for my services so it all good lol.  will hit up ax first but I think its gone too far

Sounds like a friend of mine.

She should pay it off. Have her call Ax directly.

even if there is a law firm, judgement and garnishment?  this is what I have wanted to know all day - is the judgement sound and what is the course of action.  can ax undo all the legal mess is the real question if she does a full payment ??

Paying Amex will clear the debt, get the garnishment withdrawn, and update her CR but it wont erase the fact their was a judgement. Depending on the jurisdiction, you could try and get the judgement vacated. She should consult with an attorney to go over all her options and formulate a stradigy.

solid advice, thank you very much.  I just reached out to several lawyers to see if I can get someone to look this over.

Message 11 of 24
MauiMan85297
Established Contributor

As far as the law firm collecting on the debt, they typically won't settle for less because they have taken the proper legal steps and have writ of garnishment.  if they get a % of her pay every month then why would they take less.  only reason why they would consider is because she could say that she could pay 6k immediately rather than them waiting each month for x amount of months to pay off but if she has the money she should go directly to Ax to pay in full and judgment is satisfied.

Message 12 of 24
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@gsully00 wrote:

As far as the law firm collecting on the debt, they typically won't settle for less because they have taken the proper legal steps and have writ of garnishment.  if they get a % of her pay every month then why would they take less.  only reason why they would consider is because she could say that she could pay 6k immediately rather than them waiting each month for x amount of months to pay off but if she has the money she should go directly to Ax to pay in full and judgment is satisfied.

thank you for the response, much appreciated.  I just spoke with her, she wants it to go away stat, does not matter what it will cost.  the one issue with paying ax directly is I dont want to reset any clock, the original dofd/dola is around 7/2010 and the bad is supposed to fall off in 6 months.  thoughts?

Message 13 of 24
sjt
Senior Contributor

Paying the debt will not reset the clock. The deletion date will always start of the date of first delinquency or major delinquency.
American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 14 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@gsully00 wrote:

Not true...I had a judgement and a Law Firm was handling it. The balance owed was over $25k.

I called and negotiated it down to 15k. They even agreed to let me pay it off over 24 months with no additional interest.

Every debt is negotiable if you know what your doing.

Message 15 of 24
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@sjt wrote:
Paying the debt will not reset the clock. The deletion date will always start of the date of first delinquency or major delinquency.

thought so, how about the judgement, it is not on any of her reports and I want it to stay that way.  paying ax still the best option vs going throught the firm?

Message 16 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bourgogne wrote:

@sjt wrote:

thought so, how about the judgement, it is not on any of her reports and I want it to stay that way.  paying ax still the best option vs going throught the firm?

First make sure AMEX will let you go through the firm.

The judgement can appear at anytime even if it's paid.

Message 17 of 24
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@sjt wrote:

hi donny, yeah ax will be the first call.  how do judgements make their way to reports, who does it?  its back from 2013.  thx

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@sjt wrote:

hi donny, yeah ax will be the first call.  how do judgements make their way to reports, who does it?  its back from 2013.  thx

The credit reporting agencies do their own public searches through data bases. But they also pay company's to actually go out and manually collect the data as well.

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Judgements are not sent to the credit bureaus from the creditor or court system. The credit burearus place them on your files if they find them.

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.