Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

urgent medical collection question advice needed please

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

urgent medical collection question advice needed please

I have received a medical collection notice today, ( I am aware I owe a copay amount to my dr.and just haven't had means to pay it) however, with having received the letter, the ca claims that i have 40 days which started on 12/13? I don't recall getting a letter from them previously,

it was a rather nasty letter that starts off with header 7 years is how long bad credit can effect you and goes on to say my dr. name and amount.

question is, i figured out the 40 day period would include my next payday.

should i just go to the dr. office and pay the bill

or should i just pay it to this company.

I read the medical section of the forum, but since the collection isn't on my credit report yet, i'm thinking i can just pay the dr office??

also , if the dr. office does take my payment,  would i have to notify the collection agency or would i send a dv to them after its paid?

advice is appreciated.I had 2 family tragedies this year, my mind got overwhelmed, i was unable to focus organize or pay my bills  and  as a result to my mental absence,

my credit bombed the past six months, from almost 680 down to rock bottem charge offs .

the last thing i need is a medical collection so i want to take care of it right away. thank you in advance.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Re: urgent medical collection question advice needed please

If you can pay the doctor, be sure to have it in writing that they will recall the account from the CA and that there will be no reporting to any of the CRA's for your protection. If you pay the doctor, then honestly the CA cant do anything as there is no business involved between you and them.
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 2 of 4
horsepoor1

i had to resign in and create new name, but its me and thank you for your advice. the girls in the office are nice so i'm hoping they will take the payment. i will have them write on the receipt paid in full and ask them if they'll write what you suggested as well. thanks so much if it was a huge amount i wouldn't be able to do it unless i could do payments but it's about 110.00 . so i'm going to try. thank you
Message 3 of 4
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Not a problem and I'm pretty sure they will. The dr. office would love to take your payment in full as opposed to giving part of it to a CA. Cheers!
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.