Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

verizon collection?

tag
onefifty
Established Member

verizon collection?

While looking at my reports i happen to notice that I still have two verizon accounts from 2013. One of them has a status of collection and has a balance of $137 due as of june 2015. The other one has a charge off status of $205 written off $ 205 past due as of aug 2015. Wondering what would be the best way to get these removed or resolved in my best interest?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: verizon collection?

Are both separate and legitimate debts?

Are you willing to pay in order to either remove the charge-off or collection, or prevent another collection from reporting, or is your primary emphasis at this time to either determine if the debt is valid or to contest the debt?

For the one under collection, who currently owns the debt, and when did the debt collector send dunning notice?

For the one charged-off, it could soon be placed for collection or sold, resulting in another collection reporting.

Message 2 of 3
onefifty
Established Member

Re: verizon collection?

Both are legit. Both are listed as if they ( Verizon ) still owns it. However, there is coincidently a collection from an agency named Trident assets that appeared on my reports about a month ago with a verizon debt for $42 dollars, I have since called them and mailed a pfd letter which was discussed before mailing the letter. I am willing to pay for deletion for these two that are left. The one thats charged off, doesn't state who bought it or showing a balance of $ 0?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.