Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wage garnishment

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

wage garnishment

i have two wage garnishments for the amount of $9,000 in credit card debt when I pay them off how soon can I expect my credit score to go up ?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: wage garnishment

@Anonymous wrote:

i have two wage garnishments for the amount of $9,000 in credit card debt when I pay them off how soon can I expect my credit score to go up ?

I am guessing that the wage garnishment is the result of a judgement against you, so I believe your score would change as soon as the court with jurisdiction vacates the judgement and reports it to all bureaus.

Message 2 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

You need to get them vacated for them to not appear on your CR some states allow this to be done by the defendant others dont allow it at all and you would have to get the plaintiff to actually file the motion to vacate on grounds its been paid. If it only updates to satisfied its not going to affect your score as its the fact that it happened that counts but it will look good to underwriters evaluating your report manually.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it's  garnishments  from court judgment in favor of the credit card company which is capital one and discover   My current credit score is 555 I'm hoping it will go up when I pay them off by end of the year but the  discover card is still  reporting  that I am using above 100% of the available credit but the credit card has been closed for the last three years 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes when my credit report is pulled it say two  legal terms  Which is the  wage garnishment  i'm also having a hard time getting approved for a place because of the garnishment  I'm hoping when the debt is paid down/ in full I'll be able to  repair my credit score or is bankruptcy the best option ?

Wage garnishment debt: 9,000

current credit score: 555

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my experience, wage garnishments are not seen on your credit reports at all, only the underlying judgments. Once the judgments are paid off, they will show as satisfied on your reports. Some states allow judgments to be vacated and removed from your reports after they are satisfied.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.