Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

walmart/portfolio recovery

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

walmart/portfolio recovery

I had walmart card that i let go into collection in 2011. It went to portfolio recovery. I paid them in january and have letter showing 0 balance and delete off all credit reports, which they actually did! my question is how to get walmart/synchrony bank off the report? even though I paid am i stuck with it showing on there still? is there any way to remove it?

when going for a mortgage will i be able to show the letter from portfolio recovery to show account was paid? or this wont matter?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
coterotie
Established Contributor

Re: walmart/portfolio recovery

Does it still show a balance or just the payment history with a zero balance?

@Anonymous wrote:

I had walmart card that i let go into collection in 2011. It went to portfolio recovery. I paid them in january and have letter showing 0 balance and delete off all credit reports, which they actually did! my question is how to get walmart/synchrony bank off the report? even though I paid am i stuck with it showing on there still? is there any way to remove it?

when going for a mortgage will i be able to show the letter from portfolio recovery to show account was paid? or this wont matter?

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: walmart/portfolio recovery

It shows closed/485 written off. I did pay more than this to portfolio recovery. 0$ balance 25$ recent payment ( not sure why it says this) and in comments purchased by another lender. Is this how it should report? or can i get it removed or to show paid/closed? portfolio deleted but this still shows. thanks!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.