Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

well.. Midland won.

tag
jaf4776
Valued Member

well.. Midland won.

So after battling with Midland for months now, I was unable to get them removed from my Equifax report.  Yesterday I bit the bullet and settled so that it would be marked as paid in full on my report.  I am going to good will them to death now but at least it's paid.  Even if they didn't follow the rules and validate.  I want to own a home and this was a major roadblock.

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Re: well.. Midland won.

did you not file complaints? BBB? CFPB? If they arent following the rules, they need to be put on notice for that.

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 2 of 32
jaf4776
Valued Member

I filed complaints with both and nothing came of them.  I don't have any more time to let this sit on my report if we want to move forward with a mortgage.

Message 3 of 32
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

Really? Nothing at all? Did you rebutt their response to your complaint? Still nothing? I currently have a complaint filed against Midland.

Starting Score: FICO TU 591 FICO EX 581 FICO EQ 555
Current Score: FICO TU 662 FICO EX 652 FICO EQ 643
Goal Score: 700 CLUB

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge NFCU nRewards $20K Cap1 Secured $500 NFCU LOC $15K TJX $250 BOA $500
Message 4 of 32
jaf4776
Valued Member

I rebutted it more than once and the BBB came back and said it will offer arbitrationi to both parties.  I have been waiting for several weeks now and have heard nothing.

Message 5 of 32
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

The BBB has no real power to enforce. How about the CFPB? You filed a complaint and rebutted with the CFPB? Sorry, I don't mean to be redundant.

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge NFCU nRewards $20K Cap1 Secured $500 NFCU LOC $15K TJX $250 BOA $500
Message 6 of 32
jaf4776
Valued Member

I rebutted with them also.  They basically came back and said the file is closed.

Message 7 of 32
fixmycred14
Established Contributor

I am very sorry to hear that. I really don't understand how and why they are still in business??? It's absurd. Other than file suit, I'm not sure what else you can do. GW til they get tired of you?

I just submitted my rebuttal to the CFPB w/ documentation yesterday. If they come back and do nothing, I will have no choice but to file suit. I am not sure of your timeline for a mortgage but you may need to go that route. I don't have a year to play games with them. I am looking for a mortgage in a year.

Message 8 of 32
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

I am with OP, I am SO tired of them....it is ridiculous!  I will try PFD and be done with it. I will send it tomorow. 

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 9 of 32
Pigeyex
Frequent Contributor

Does anyone have a good FAX number for Midland, or -- God forbid -- an email address to an actual PERSON??

I've been trying the fax at 877-414-0961, several times with offers to PAY THEM, but never get any response.

I would call them, but A), I don't trust them unless I have it in writing, and B), I just get so worked up when I talk to a sleazy CA and their heavy-handed tactics!!

2007 - 2010 low point: mid-500s

With the help of myFICO community, now: 714 EQ FICO

"At the end of every hard-earned day, people find some reason to believe." (Bruce Springsteen)
Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.