Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

well.. Midland won.

tag
Pigeyex
Frequent Contributor

Re: well.. Midland won.

@Pigeyex wrote:

Well, you've answered your own question there, Bleu -- but I like your style.  Smiley Happy

I CAN'T afford to wait -- I need to refinance my mortgage, before rates go up any further!  The good news is, however, MIDLAND doesn't know that, and I'm certainly not going to tell them.  I will do as you say for at least a few days,and say "fine, suit yourself!" and walk.

I think I'll start at $500.  You've motivated me, and besides, they p*ssed on my $750 offer anyway by not responding to it.  So pfffffft!!!!  Smiley Tongue

Pigeye

Just got off the phone with them.  They started by wanting $2500, I said no, and offered $500.  They then came back with about $2,100 and I again thanked her for her time but said I only had a limited amount of $$$$, and was going to give it to whichever debt offered me the most attractive terms.  She eventually got to $1,685, with half paid today and the other 1/2 on the 30th, and wanted to take my payment over the phone BEFORE she sent me that in writing.  I absolutely refused, and said once I got her fax I would CONSIDER the offer.

It didn't sound like I was going to be able to do any better than that, and even with this, they DON'T do PFD -- just "paid in full" and the $0.00 balance update.  I guess I can GW 'em afterward, but I doubt I'm going to get a better offer than this.

Interestingly, she ADMITTED that they had received my faxes!!!  At least the last one, when she said "Yes, I see here where you offered to pay $750."  So those ARE getting thru, I guess they were just two LOW.

OK, I"ve now been on the phone with both Asset Acceptance Corp. AND Midland in the past hour.  I feel so . . . so dirty!!!  Smiley Very Happy

Pigeye

2007 - 2010 low point: mid-500s

With the help of myFICO community, now: 714 EQ FICO

"At the end of every hard-earned day, people find some reason to believe." (Bruce Springsteen)
Message 31 of 32
newmomnewme
Valued Contributor

Re: well.. Midland won.

I had two Midland TL on all three CR. As of today, I have one paid Midland account on TU ONLY!!!! I ended up PIF and disputing via CRA after all of the DV, DD, and complaints to BBB and CFPB. I was applying for a mortgage loan in December and a requirement I had to pay it. Now I am GW Midland for a removal from TU...thats the only CRA reporting it. Best of luck all. They stink!!

012019 Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Current Fico9/Fico8/Mortgage Score:
MyGoal Fico8/Mortgage Score:
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 32 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.