Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

well.. Midland won.

tag
Bleu
Contributor

Re: well.. Midland won.

Pay for Delete if you're gonna bite the bullet. Midland actually removed mine after 3 letters. I just keep writing until i get what i want. At some point i think someone in the offices says " just delete it so we dont have to keep responding to these letters".

Message 11 of 32
Pigeyex
Frequent Contributor

@Bleu wrote:

Pay for Delete if you're gonna bite the bullet. Midland actually removed mine after 3 letters. I just keep writing until i get what i want. At some point i think someone in the offices says " just delete it so we dont have to keep responding to these letters".

Did you actually make your payment contingent upon a DELETE, or did you just pay them and then once it showed $0.00 balance, start sending them GW letters to delete?

And did you pay in full, or one of their typical 40% off offers?

thanks,

Pigeye

2007 - 2010 low point: mid-500s

With the help of myFICO community, now: 714 EQ FICO

"At the end of every hard-earned day, people find some reason to believe." (Bruce Springsteen)
Message 12 of 32
Bleu
Contributor

With the credit  Creditone account i did. With Midland i was new to cleaning my credit and just paid without knowing pay for delete existed.  After i caught on to this website i wrote three letters and after the third one the midland collections was gone.  I now have 0 collections on my report.

Message 13 of 32
Pigeyex
Frequent Contributor

OK, thanks Bleu.  Would you mind sharing your letter with me via Private Message?  Sure sounds like it was a winner!!

thanks,

Paul

"At the end of every hard-earned day, people find some reason to believe." (Bruce Springsteen)
Message 14 of 32
Bleu
Contributor

I offer 20% that's it. They'll call back. If they buy something for 5% they'll take 20%.

Message 15 of 32
Pigeyex
Frequent Contributor

@Bleu wrote:

I offer 20% that's it. They'll call back. If they buy something for 5% they'll take 20%.

That's what I figured, but so far I've gotten no response with an offer of about 36% (before the SOL expired), nor about 18% (after the SOL expired).  I might not be getting thru to the right people, though, so I guess I'm going to have to break down and call them tomorrow when I get paid.  I'm hoping a "hey, we can settle this right now, on the phone for $750" will finally get their attention (although I'm going to ask them to fax me a settlement letter while I remain on the phone with him, or tell him he can call me back and if the letter is agreeable, I will pay it.  I don't trust them!!)

Message 16 of 32
Bleu
Contributor

I actually googled the pay for delete letter and just politely asked them can they delete the collection. Was nothing special about the letter , just probably reached the right person.

Message 17 of 32
Pigeyex
Frequent Contributor

Oh, OK.  Do you have a contact name you can share then?

Message 18 of 32
Bleu
Contributor

No, i just sent it to midland. Nothing more. If you havent paid yet, hold out for Pay for delete. No sense in you using your money and not getting what you want.

Message 19 of 32
Pigeyex
Frequent Contributor

It's a large balance (now over $4,100), and outside of the SOL.  So I'll only be offering them a very small % on the dollar -- $750.  Maybe $1000 is the most I'll go.  I doubt they'll do a PFD for an 18-cents-on-the-dollar settlement?

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.