Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

went crazy on applying

tag
mrswilson
New Visitor

went crazy on applying

I have some question I was discharge from bankruptcy nov 2012 and was trying to rebuild my credit in the last 2 weeks I was approve for

capital one, barclay, zales, kays, bluenile, paypal connect, american eagle

I also have a walmart card but i had that for 4 months and first priemer bank card since 2011 but i close that 2 weeks ago when i was approve for capital one card

I have stop appling for stuff i just went crazy for a mintue

ok my question is am I at risk for these companys closing my accounts cause I applied for them so close together?

will these card approve my score after my score goes down from these hard pulls?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
randyrhodes
Established Contributor

Re: went crazy on applying

I don't think your at risk of getting them closed for apping in a short time frame. People do it quite often. Congrats on the approvals.

You could see a score drop from the inquiries. Some of those are soft pulls and won't effect your score. I would let these new accounts age a bit before I did any more mapping tho. Your score will probably rebound rather quickly. 6 months or so. Don't carry high balances on these and preferably no balance except on 1 card and that at only between 1-9%.
Message 2 of 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: went crazy on applying

@mrswilson wrote:

I have some question I was discharge from bankruptcy nov 2012 and was trying to rebuild my credit in the last 2 weeks I was approve for

capital one, barclay, zales, kays, bluenile, paypal connect, american eagle

I also have a walmart card but i had that for 4 months and first priemer bank card since 2011 but i close that 2 weeks ago when i was approve for capital one card

I have stop appling for stuff i just went crazy for a mintue

ok my question is am I at risk for these companys closing my accounts cause I applied for them so close together?

will these card approve my score after my score goes down from these hard pulls?

I dont think you have a risk problem at the moment, you may see a bump as they report to your reports if its not enough to overcome all the inquiries give it a few months and you will see the score start to rise as the older they get the less of an impact they have. At one year an inquiries effect on your score is 0.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.