Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what NOW?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

what NOW?

I have 2 Ca, not licensed in the state of Illinois. 

What is the proper way to handle this and get the things removed?

Message 1 of 4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: what NOW?

Like Sidewinder mentioned in here, verify. The agency's website has numbers if you want to call.

Reporting is totally different from licensing. Reporting is on the federal level and licensing falls on the state. If a CA isn't licensed, they can still report. However, administrative action can be taken on the CA if they are required to be licensed which could involve fines, lawsuits, and even closure if within IL.

IMO, use the lack of licensing as a trump card of sorts. It would take a while to get the state to take action and the CA could continue to report. If the CA hasn't responded to your DV or if they responded with inaccurate information, then you could use the threat of reporting them with IL's AG as leverage to get them to delete. It would take a well crafted letter outlining any and all violations on the federal and state level with inclusion that they lack licensing, if required.

Remember, if you get them to go away, another CA could fill their shoes.

As HappyDays hinted in the other thread, follow the HIPAA process if medical.

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok----But what do I do.  I have searched up and down for the answer to this question?
Message 2 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Like Sidewinder mentioned in here, verify. The agency's website has numbers if you want to call.

Reporting is totally different from licensing. Reporting is on the federal level and licensing falls on the state. If a CA isn't licensed, they can still report. However, administrative action can be taken on the CA if they are required to be licensed which could involve fines, lawsuits, and even closure if within IL.

IMO, use the lack of licensing as a trump card of sorts. It would take a while to get the state to take action and the CA could continue to report. If the CA hasn't responded to your DV or if they responded with inaccurate information, then you could use the threat of reporting them with IL's AG as leverage to get them to delete. It would take a well crafted letter outlining any and all violations on the federal and state level with inclusion that they lack licensing, if required.

Remember, if you get them to go away, another CA could fill their shoes.

As HappyDays hinted in the other thread, follow the HIPAA process if medical.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you---I debt validated the 1.

The other I paid , I sent a GW letter, no response yet.  In illinois you have to be licensed.  Should I say that in my follow up GW letter?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.