Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what are my chances?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

what are my chances?

I have an old tuition bal that was sent to collections in 12/2009. I haven't rec'd a call from the agency in a few years, but I was thinking of PFD once I got my tax refund in a couple of months.

I just looked on TU and realized that it is scheduled to fall off in 7/2016. What do you think my chances are for asking TU for early exclusion for an unpaid collections in 1/2016?

If the chances are in my favor, and the CA does not attempt to collect the debt ever again - would you PFD now? or just wait it out a year?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: what are my chances?

@Anonymous wrote:

I have an old tuition bal that was sent to collections in 12/2009. I haven't rec'd a call from the agency in a few years, but I was thinking of PFD once I got my tax refund in a couple of months.

I just looked on TU and realized that it is scheduled to fall off in 7/2016. What do you think my chances are for asking TU for early exclusion for an unpaid collections in 1/2016?

If the chances are in my favor, and the CA does not attempt to collect the debt ever again - would you PFD now? or just wait it out a year?

With TU trying 6 months out is ok, sometimes it happens that early sometimes not its 50-50. If you wait till Jan 2016 I would not bother with a PFD for something that only has 6 months to go, once it becomes a zombie (past states SOL and off your CRs) you can then send offer to settle for 10-20c on the dollar without having to worry about it updating on your CRs. If its not updating now I think I would just leave it alone.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

gdale can i keep you? Smiley Happy

you're like an encyclopedia. i think i am leaning towards waiting the year out. thanks again!

Message 3 of 5
EW800
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

gdale can i keep you? Smiley Happy

you're like an encyclopedia. i think i am leaning towards waiting the year out. thanks again!

I agree!   There are many awesome contributors here, but gdale is phenomenal!  

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2024: EX8: 839; EQ8: 845; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $51.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $24.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $22K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $300K+
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $20 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Aww, gee, thanks for your vote of confidence Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.