cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what are the effects of a five year old judgement????

tag
annielorie
Valued Contributor

what are the effects of a five year old judgement????

I have clean TU 736 FICO  yesterdYand Clean EQ  710 fico BEFORE CC REPORTED O BALANCE EX CLEAN EXCEPTfor jusdgement that is 5 years old. Anyone can you take a gander at how this might effect score. 9 months AAOA only one inquiry in past year to be out of score by august 23. If both the other scores are in the 730-740 range what would anyone guess the effect is on EX score???????????

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: what are the effects of a five year old judgement????

Has the judgment been satisfied?  If not, at five years, it is most likely still enforceable, and you may be facing further legal attempts to secure its payment, such as wage garnishment. In many apps for new credit, the presence of an unpaid, delinquent debt can be a killer, apart from simply its FICO impact.

Message 2 of 5
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Thats what i need a guess at the impact of FICO. Any guesses. Going to file a vacate due to improper service. In the middle of car loan approval.  Any ideas?  Is it still hurting my fico or is it hurting a lot less since it is five years old?

Message 3 of 5
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@annielorie wrote:

Thats what i need a guess at the impact of FICO. Any guesses. Going to file a vacate due to improper service. In the middle of car loan approval.  Any ideas?  Is it still hurting my fico or is it hurting a lot less since it is five years old?

My guess ( and this is just speculation ) is that your FICO score is being impacted significantly by this, probably in the neighborhood of 50 points or so.    Especially if this happens to be the only negative item on your report.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 4 of 5
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Thanks Pizzadude thats what I figured. All things being equal Tu at 736 a fifty point drop still leaves me with a 686 and thats good enough for lease.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.