Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what collections to tackle first?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: what collections to tackle first?

@Anonymous wrote:

medical last BUT in my experience; they will almost always delete with payment ( PFD ) if you ask them.  So you will more than likely get a goodm score boost from doing medical first.

SOL will be state to state.  Google SOL and the differant types of SOL where you live ( verbal, written, auto etc etc )

Only call the creditors if you are willing to make a payment.

Don't get the OP's hopes up.

If you have several collections reporting, having a few deleted is likely to get very little to no score increase.

You will see a significant score increase when your very last baddie is gone.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would get my credit reports from annualcreditreport.com as those will tell you when it supposed to fall off your reports. Any account that has the longest to fall off I would try to pfd those first and go from there.
Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Donny as i appreciate you looking out for the OP but I disagree with that whole last statment.  The 2 times I had to rebuild; i did medical collections fist and left CO and higher dollar ammount collections for later. After getting 4-5 medical deleted; i saw a boost between 35-40 points just this last go around all while having credit card charge offs ( later deleted ) and defaulted auto loan.  HOWEVER, I will give you this; as i paid almost all mine off so fast; im not 100% sure what helped the most , but what i can say is that medical always deleted first ( couple weeks ) before anything else was deleted even when i paid them the same day and my score JUMPED... again IMO.

with Love... Mac 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.