Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what does "The follow item is suppressed pending update" mean

tag
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

what does "The follow item is suppressed pending update" mean

So it has been a year and I try to pull 1 of my report every 4 months (since we get 1 free a year)  I pulled TU today and had this on one of my accounts.  "the following item is suppressed pending update"  I don't know what that means.  I haven't contested it or anything.  what would cause that status if it was something I did not initiate?

thanks,

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: what does "The follow item is suppressed pending update" mean

Either the OC or a CA supressed it. other creditors won't be able to see it. Could be cause of a DV sent to them or they are looking over the account. 

Message 2 of 8
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

what is CA?

this is not a collection account (I am assuming that is what CA is).  Unfortunately it was a foreclosure.  But it was completed 3 years ago.  Just curious cause with it "surpressed" it jumped my score from TU up about 30 points more then my others CRA's.  This actually should not drop off till 11/2016.  It is actually why I pulled TU to see why they were the only one now not reporting it.   Trust me I'm not saying anything to anyone at this point cause if it stays that way my score is higher.  Smiley Happy  I just was unsure of what would cause it to suddenly be in this state on only TU.

thanks,

In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 3 of 8
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

oh and what is DV?

Message 4 of 8
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

Also is this something I should be concerned with?

Message 5 of 8
DaBears
Senior Contributor

DV is a Debt Validation letter to the CA (Collection Agency) 

You can read the blue stickies below my post to learn more 

Message 6 of 8
DaBears
Senior Contributor

@TimeToRecover wrote:

Also is this something I should be concerned with?

How long has it been saying that on your credit report? If it was a forclosure it was done by the bank. Not sure it will affect your score if they decide to remove it. 

Message 7 of 8
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

It disappeared between Feb and March and is still not showing (TU only)  My score did jump when it went away thus the 20 to 30 pt difference between my tu and the other 2 reports. 

I have been just kinda gardening for several months before I applied for another CC and a new car around sept-oct time frame.  My car loan history is perfect so because they pull a "auto centric" report I should be ok on that front, I need a new car one and my auto loan rolls off my account in Dec of this year so trying to time it at the best possible time.

Sorry I kinda ventured off topic.  I an not going to worry about the fact it isn't there and just enjoy it being gone until it potentially shows back up.

thanks,

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.