Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what fico score for cap1 unsecured?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

what fico score for cap1 unsecured?

just curious where everyone's score was when they got aproved for a unsecured card through cap1? and who's score and what model do they use?

Message 1 of 31
30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: what fico score for cap1 unsecured?

I just got approved for a Platinum and QS1 and although I'm not sure of my EQ score since it hasn't updated yet, my TU and EX are around 580. My bf also got approved for a Platinum just recently and his TU was 563 according to the letter he got.
Message 2 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

My lowest score at the time of approval for the Platinum was 599 and got 500$ starting line.
Message 3 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I got approved i was around 570s accross the board. Check the prequalify section. Usually its a good indicator on if you will get the cards or not =D .. GOOD LUCK!!! They have been great rebuilder cards!

Message 4 of 31
evsports7
Contributor

Great post I was wondering this too. When I go to there prequal site, it prequalifies me for the secured cards even though I already have it. Does anyone know with the scores I have if I could get approved?

Credit Profile: Started (2/6/2016): EQ 516, EX 542, TU 543
FICO 08 (11/4/2016): EQ 634, EX 647 , TU 645
Message 5 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

@evsports7 wrote:

Great post I was wondering this too. When I go to there prequal site, it prequalifies me for the secured cards even though I already have it. Does anyone know with the scores I have if I could get approved?

It did the same to me and I just decdied to pull the trigger and apply. I would say it depends on how long you have had your secured card. I have seen people as low as 550 getting approved for the platinum and QS1 card. 

Message 6 of 31
evsports7
Contributor

I've had it for about 1.5 months, maybe to soon huh?

Credit Profile: Started (2/6/2016): EQ 516, EX 542, TU 543
FICO 08 (11/4/2016): EQ 634, EX 647 , TU 645
Message 7 of 31
katinOR
Valued Member

My scores were in the 570's to 580s and I got it so I would say give it a shot. I had the prequal screen for quite awhile even when my numbers were around the 550's so its likely going to approve at an even lower score.

Good Luck!

Message 8 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine were 575 range when they approved me for QS1 with a 500 SL

Message 9 of 31
Yoshi2015
Contributor

I went through the prequal site and I was approved for the Plat around 580. Have you tried prequal site? If it displays "congratulations" you are pretty good to go ahead and pull trigger!! Good luck!! 

Message 10 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.