cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what happpens after 8 years of inactivity?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: what happpens after 8 years of inactivity?

@Anonymous wrote:

First delinquency date for both accounts are 12/2010. I am going to pay those debts but I dont want to do it now since they will stay another 7.5 year on my credit report if I do now. But once they fall from my report (after 2.5 years), I will go ahead and pay both of them. Dont you think it makes more sense?

Thanks

That is entirely incorrect. They will NOT stay an additional 7.5 years. Paying them does NOT reset anything. It never has and it never will. I don't know where people keep getting that idea from.

Pay them if you want to pay them. Either way they will be gone when you come back to the US in 2019/2020.

Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: what happpens after 8 years of inactivity?

Try contacting the collection agency to see if they will do a pay for deletion. If they say no, then contact the original creditor for the same. Even if both say no and you wait 2.5 years for the items to fall off your report, the items should be paid to avoid the collection agencies from coming after you. It solves the problem now versus leaving it out there. And you said the balanced as small. Then work to resolve these small problems now. Making a good faith effort to reach out to the original creditors with a PFD deal may bring surprisingly positive responses. If those items were removed, then your scores would shoot up now.
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.