Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what's the best start?

tag
palagretto
Established Member

what's the best start?

Hi to everyone,

I am having such a rough time getting started.

My goal is to improve my wife’s scores so we can qualify for a home mtg. A lender pulled her scores

on 10/29/2012 and they were:

EFX  604

TRU  600

XPN  612

I pulled her CR’s from myfreecreditreport.com

The Good:

-GM Financial Auto installment opened 4/2012   pmt $575/ bal $25,079

-Cap 1 CC AU  opened 5/2004 never late bal $500/ CL $15,000

-BofA  Mtg  opened 3/2004  paid, closed, never late ( not sure why this shows as positive for her since this home

Foreclosed on me but not her).

The Bad:

-Two Cap 1 CC (one used to be HSBC)  $300 CL with balances of  $9 on each carried over and paid every month.

One was opened 11/2010 the other 1/2011, they are reporting negatively because each has 3 30-day late.

-Barclays Bank Delaware  $0 bal Closed  $3,225 CO DOFD 8/2007

-Chase $0 bal Closed  $4,255 CO  DOFD  7/2007

-GECRB/Care Credit  Paid and Closed/ Account closed by credit grantor.

This account shows “Pays as Agreed” but it has a 30,30,60,60, and a 90 before we were able to pay it in full.

-Universal Recovery Corpo  Medical CA  $249 DOFD 9/2009 (I think, I take estimated date item will be removed and

Subtract 7yrs, right?)

-Stanislaus Credit Control Medical CA $161 DOFD 1/2011

- Stanislaus Credit Control Medical CA $221 DOFD 1/2011

-LVNV Funding, LLC  DOFD 7/2007  I am very suspect of this acct. They list Washington Mutual as OC. We don’t

recall ever having a CC with WAMU. Furthermore, the acct. #  LVNV reports is the same as the Chase CO CC listed above,

and the original amount that LVNV reports is $4,345 and Chase reports they CO’ed $4,344.

Another note is that it LVNV lists Responsibility of the acct. as individual, now I checked my CR and this same TL is on mine from LVNV saying WAMU OC stating responsibility individual…pardon my ignorance but wouldn’t it say joint with so in so? or am I being irrelevant.

Lastly, There are actually two TL’s when the lender pulls her CR for LVNV. For what ever reason they report to XPN  on one line as and installment, or at least I think they do cause it shows INS 09. On the line right above is the one that reports to TRU and EFX  and this one has a OPN 09 at the end, I’m assuming that means open?

Thanks in advance for anything you all have to offer

-Mike

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: what's the best start?

@palagretto wrote:

Hi to everyone,

I am having such a rough time getting started.

My goal is to improve my wife’s scores so we can qualify for a home mtg. A lender pulled her scores

on 10/29/2012 and they were:

EFX  604

TRU  600

XPN  612

I pulled her CR’s from myfreecreditreport.com

The Good:

-GM Financial Auto installment opened 4/2012   pmt $575/ bal $25,079

-Cap 1 CC AU  opened 5/2004 never late bal $500/ CL $15,000

-BofA  Mtg  opened 3/2004  paid, closed, never late ( not sure why this shows as positive for her since this home

Foreclosed on me but not her).

The Bad:

-Two Cap 1 CC (one used to be HSBC)  $300 CL with balances of  $9 on each carried over and paid every month.

One was opened 11/2010 the other 1/2011, they are reporting negatively because each has 3 30-day late.

The 30 day lates aren't too bad, they will lose their affect pretty quick.  Let's look at the others first.

-Barclays Bank Delaware  $0 bal Closed  $3,225 CO DOFD 8/2007

Will fall off late 2014 or early 2015.  What's the SOL of your state? Has been sold to a CA

-Chase $0 bal Closed  $4,255 CO  DOFD  7/2007

Same as above

-GECRB/Care Credit  Paid and Closed/ Account closed by credit grantor.

This account shows “Pays as Agreed” but it has a 30,30,60,60, and a 90 before we were able to pay it in full.

Send GWs to GE, the account has been paid.  Wouldn't hurt to try.

-Universal Recovery Corpo  Medical CA  $249 DOFD 9/2009 (I think, I take estimated date item will be removed and

Subtract 7yrs, right?)

Add 7 years + 180 days and that's when it will fall off.  Can try for PFD

-Stanislaus Credit Control Medical CA $161 DOFD 1/2011

- Stanislaus Credit Control Medical CA $221 DOFD 1/2011

Pretty current, try for PFD

-LVNV Funding, LLC  DOFD 7/2007  I am very suspect of this acct. They list Washington Mutual as OC. We don’t

recall ever having a CC with WAMU. Furthermore, the acct. #  LVNV reports is the same as the Chase CO CC listed above,

and the original amount that LVNV reports is $4,345 and Chase reports they CO’ed $4,344.

Another note is that it LVNV lists Responsibility of the acct. as individual, now I checked my CR and this same TL is on mine from LVNV saying WAMU OC stating responsibility individual…pardon my ignorance but wouldn’t it say joint with so in so? or am I being irrelevant.

Lastly, There are actually two TL’s when the lender pulls her CR for LVNV. For what ever reason they report to XPN  on one line as and installment, or at least I think they do cause it shows INS 09. On the line right above is the one that reports to TRU and EFX  and this one has a OPN 09 at the end, I’m assuming that means open?

Chase took over the WAMU accounts so that explains why it's Chase, but if you don't recall having an account, you should file a direct dispute with them to make sure it's yours.

Thanks in advance for anything you all have to offer

-Mike

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 14
palagretto
Established Member

Thanks for your reply and input Shogun and on a side note, Congrats to you for making Moderator.

Um... SOL is 4 yrs in my state Calif. and I don't see that Barclays Bank debt got sold to any CA or at least I haven't seen it show up yet. It seems pretty old already though for it to pop up now.

The medical Collections, yes they are fairly new and not very much, relatively speaking of course. And your advice would be to attempt a PIF for delete?

Lastly, The direct dispute, would this be done with LVNV? and how do I go about that?  any help and direction would be great, thanks for your time

-Mike 

Message 3 of 14
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, do a direct dispute with them, get the information for the original creditor and back track it from there.  Like you said, you really don't know where this came from.  It's with LVNV now, was with Chase and Wamu before that.  Information that changes hands so many times gets watered down.  Make them prove it was actually yours.

July 2013 score:

Message 4 of 14
palagretto
Established Member

Ok, I will do a Direct Dispute with LVNV .

Do I send this CMRRR?

Should the letter start out by stating explicitly " This letter is a direct dispute of the debt you claim to be mine" ?

Is the language along the lines of : " I do not recognize this as my debt. Therefore, I demand you provide documentation from the original creditor with my signature on it" ? Or should it be written another way?

(sorry bout the delayed reply times occasionally, I have a 14 mo. old who is cutting his molars and not happy when Daddy is on the CPU)

-Thanks for the help

-Mike

Message 5 of 14
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

I don't know if I would go with the demand part.  But I would put in there that you have never had an account with the OC and you are requesting validation of the debt.  

July 2013 score:

Message 6 of 14
palagretto
Established Member

So dial down the tough guy bit, gotcha. Thanks

I'll go with "request" instead of "demand".

How about method of delivery ? Does it go CMRRR or just regular stamp?

-Mike 

Message 7 of 14
palagretto
Established Member

Anybody in the know,

I don't know if this adds any dimension to this LVNV scenario but they add approx $30 every month to the balance and say it's past due. Again we don't believe this is actually believe this to be our debt but it shows DOFD 7/2007 and SOL is 4yrs for us. Are they breaking addition statutes here?

-Mike

Message 8 of 14
beb86
Valued Contributor

Now are these COs paid? If not I dont think you will be able to get a mortgage. Also she will need 12 months of + history.

Message 9 of 14
palagretto
Established Member

We didn't pay them, but they have zero balances. Is that what you mean?

-Mike

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.