Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what should i do ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

what should i do ?

is this bad and should i pay it off ? if i do will my score go up alot ? what is hurting me the most ?

i had a car loan that was charged off the balance is $1197 it is due to fall off of my report in may of 2016 they have reported it 90 days late bout 26 times on all three reports in the last 2 years its been on my report since 2009 

i have two new medical collections in the last two years they are due to fall off in 2019 thiers balances are $1479 and $272

i have no credit history and im trying to rebuild it now

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: what should i do ?

Are you not able to find the thread where a few of us answered this yesterday?

In case you can't find it, here's a link to it

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Trying-to-Rebuild-My-Credit/m-p/3673546#M3800...

Message 2 of 3
Dj4Money
Established Contributor

Re: what should i do ?

@Anonymous wrote:

is this bad and should i pay it off ? if i do will my score go up alot ? what is hurting me the most ?

i had a car loan that was charged off the balance is $1197 it is due to fall off of my report in may of 2016 they have reported it 90 days late bout 26 times on all three reports in the last 2 years its been on my report since 2009 

i have two new medical collections in the last two years they are due to fall off in 2019 thiers balances are $1479 and $272

i have no credit history and im trying to rebuild it now

Others will chime in I'm sure.

1) Let the charge-off go, but be ready for it to come back if you go shopping for a home loan.

2) Pay off your medical collections; start with the smallest one. Then offer a payment plan for the other and get PFD on both. 

Open some new accounts; with scores in the low to mid 500's, seems your file is thin.

Get some secured cards and use them responsibly.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.