Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what the heck is going on

tag
tinkytoo
Regular Contributor

what the heck is going on

Hey everybody,

I'm sooo upset I can't seem to catch a break in repairing my credit. yesterday I recieved letters from both TU and EQ about two of my disputes.

I have been following the HIPAA process to a tee, they first came back verified from both TU and EQ I then sent the alternate medical DV to the CA then I followed up with the green card and letter to the CRA both came back verified now these are both paid medical bills. today I recieve letters from the CA with the dates these bills were paid which was in 2007. could someone please tell me that I am correct in the next step. I send the Hippaa letter insert 2 to the hospital that I had the services done. I could really use a response on this. Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
tinkytoo
Regular Contributor

Re: what the heck is going on

anyone please help
Message 2 of 11
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I've never had to use the HIPAA process, but to really grab the attention of someone who could help you...I'd change the subject line in your first post. 

Something like "HIPAA process question" or something like that will attract the attention of someone who's been through it.  What you have there is pretty generic & could be for any credit question.

Hope someone can answer your Q's.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 11
tinkytoo
Regular Contributor

Thanks MO I changed it. Hopefully some can advise me

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

You do not send an alternate DV unless the CA sends you an answer to the dispute filed with the CRAs within 30 days of the date the dispute was filed!

Have you mailed the  HIPAA  OC letter?

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

So, if a paid account is still showing on your credit report after the pre-HIPAA letter (and you didn't get a response from the CA), you should mail the OC with insert B and not do the alternate DV letter to the collection agency?
Message 6 of 11
tinkytoo
Regular Contributor

I messed up the CA did noy sent me anything until I sent them the alternate DV letter. Is it to late to send the HIPAA insert B to the OC.
Message 7 of 11
tinkytoo
Regular Contributor

anyone?
Message 8 of 11
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Send me a private message.  I might have a suggestion for you.
Message 9 of 11
tinkytoo
Regular Contributor

Hi IBOA

I apologize and I hope I don't sound stupid but I don't know how to PM anyone that hasn't sent me a message can you please walk me through it.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.