Reply
Regular Contributor
Posts: 114
Registered: ‎06-06-2012
0

what to do after DV letters sent?

hi everybody,

  i'm back.

  i sent out DV letters to several CAs a month ago and no one has replied except CBCS. i sent them a PFD letter 2 - 2.5 weeks ago and they haven't replied to me. my question is.......... after i send this next set of DV letters and the CAs still dont respond, what should my next move be?

Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,661
Registered: ‎04-25-2011
0

Re: what to do after DV letters sent?


adio413 wrote:

hi everybody,

  i'm back.

  i sent out DV letters to several CAs a month ago and no one has replied except CBCS. i sent them a PFD letter 2 - 2.5 weeks ago and they haven't replied to me. my question is.......... after i send this next set of DV letters and the CAs still dont respond, what should my next move be?


 

What were the context of the DVs? Were they timely, as in response to a dunning notification or were you just sending DVs to accounts you saw on your report?

 

CA's don't need to respond to a DV... if it was timely, it does impose a cease bar from collection activities, but if it wasn't timely it really doesn't require any action..

 

If I were in your position, I would evaluate which CA's i think will be the easiest to work wtih, based on research and start trying for PFDs..

Starting FICO Score: 10/10: TU 498 | EQ: 502 Current FICO Score(lender pull): 09/14: TU: 784 | EQ: 752 | EX: 784
Collections Removed: Hunter Warfield, CBE Group, Merchants Credit Guide, EOS-CCA, Enhanced Recovery, Portfolio Recovery, UCB, American Collection Company, Medical Business Bureau, Jefferson Capital, Credit Portfolio Associates, FCO, LVNV, Convergent, Armor Systems
Other Negative Entries Removed:Plains Commerce CO, HSBC CO, 2008 Judgment Santander Reposession


Positive Accounts:10/10: 0 | 07/12: 6 | Mortgage Closed 5/12, Macy's AMEX $13900, Citi/Home Depot $8500, Capital One Cash Rewards $3500, BOA $7500 Total Utilization: 3%. AAoA: 2yr, 9mth. INQS: 1 TU, 1 EQ, 3 EX
Regular Contributor
Posts: 114
Registered: ‎06-06-2012
0

Re: what to do after DV letters sent?


rckstrscott wrote:

adio413 wrote:

hi everybody,

  i'm back.

  i sent out DV letters to several CAs a month ago and no one has replied except CBCS. i sent them a PFD letter 2 - 2.5 weeks ago and they haven't replied to me. my question is.......... after i send this next set of DV letters and the CAs still dont respond, what should my next move be?


 

What were the context of the DVs? Were they timely, as in response to a dunning notification or were you just sending DVs to accounts you saw on your report?

 

CA's don't need to respond to a DV... if it was timely, it does impose a cease bar from collection activities, but if it wasn't timely it really doesn't require any action..

 

If I were in your position, I would evaluate which CA's i think will be the easiest to work wtih, based on research and start trying for PFDs..


none were timely, just sending DVs to accounts on my credit report

Epic Contributor
Posts: 21,245
Registered: ‎03-19-2007
0

Re: what to do after DV letters sent?

If untimely, then from their perspective, they can just continue normal collection on the debt.

 

Regular Contributor
Posts: 114
Registered: ‎06-06-2012
0

Re: what to do after DV letters sent?


RobertEG wrote:

If untimely, then from their perspective, they can just continue normal collection on the debt.

 


since thats what they may do, i can a.) PFD them b.)dispute them via the CRA and/or BBB....... am i right or am i missing something important here?

Highlighted
Epic Contributor
Posts: 21,245
Registered: ‎03-19-2007
0

Re: what to do after DV letters sent?

DVs are general requests for debt verification.  They dont require the consumer to assert or document inaccuracies.

 

If you wish to pursue disputes, you have the initial burden of asserting some inaccuracy, and providing some basis, preferably with supporting documentation, to support the allegation.  What would be the basis for a dispute?

 

If the dispute process is the chosen path, then one would normally not enter into payment negotiations until they are convinced that their issues have been addressed.

If CR deletion is your primary goal, then perhaps the dispute process will put that in limbo until you are prepared to offer payment.

 

Your next move depends.....

 

 

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.