Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what type of bill is cable/internet??

tag
tipofthespork
Contributor

what type of bill is cable/internet??

I'm trying to figure out what type of bill this would be considered. I guessing that it will most likely be considered a written contract but....

Could one make a case that it is an open-ended account? I mean I can order movies/PPV's, even games and music from cable tv. I order all this without establishing a new contract and without payment upfront.

I'm curious because of SOL differences. In Virginia written contracts SOL is 5 years and Open-ended is 3 years.

The debt is 4 years old, if i can argue it's an open-ended account and therefore past SOL, I may have some leverage with the CA.

I see so many AFNI PFD success stories but i'm getting stonewalled by them. I have attempted more than 6 or 7 PFD's and no luck. I started with the standard letter found on this site and offered 50%. Then I personalized the letter and make it a little more pleasant and offered 75%. Finally i scraped the letter all together and wrote a sincere heart felt letter and offered 100% (await reponse on that one).

The did fail to send dunning notice and I DV'd them last month. no reply to the DV, the only thing i've received are emails stating the standard "we will not exhance payment for deletion" blurb. Any other ideas? Thanks

Starting Score: 574(may 2012)
Current Score: 574
Goal Score: 640 (to start)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: what type of bill is cable/internet??

It's written because you would have had to sign a contract whether in person or online in order to obtain services.

IME, SOL didn't mean zilch when requesting PFDs. I used to track the SOL of each debt and continued to get the same responses whether inside or outside SOL, and I always offered 100%. IMO, SOL only is important if you don't have the $$$ to PIF if you had to (to prevent a judgment).

If you haven't done so, try e-mailing the PFD request to the recoveryteam e-mail addy.

Message 2 of 3
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: what type of bill is cable/internet??

@tipofthespork wrote:

I'm trying to figure out what type of bill this would be considered. I guessing that it will most likely be considered a written contract but....

Could one make a case that it is an open-ended account? I mean I can order movies/PPV's, even games and music from cable tv. I order all this without establishing a new contract and without payment upfront.

I'm curious because of SOL differences. In Virginia written contracts SOL is 5 years and Open-ended is 3 years.

The debt is 4 years old, if i can argue it's an open-ended account and therefore past SOL, I may have some leverage with the CA.

I see so many AFNI PFD success stories but i'm getting stonewalled by them. I have attempted more than 6 or 7 PFD's and no luck. I started with the standard letter found on this site and offered 50%. Then I personalized the letter and make it a little more pleasant and offered 75%. Finally i scraped the letter all together and wrote a sincere heart felt letter and offered 100% (await reponse on that one).

The did fail to send dunning notice and I DV'd them last month. no reply to the DV, the only thing i've received are emails stating the standard "we will not exhance payment for deletion" blurb. Any other ideas? Thanks

I don't know about PFDs with AFNI, but they are usually very good about doing GW deletes AFTER you have paid.    There are many examples of that.....

I would guess that your cable service would fall under a written contract.....not 100% sure of that though....

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.