cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what would be the best method of having these removed early?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

what would be the best method of having these removed early?

I have 2 things in collections that I would like to take care of and have them removed.

Equifax is showing Date of Removal for

$971.00 6/2011 ( This is for and apt complex )

$404.00 6/2011 ( This is an upaid utility bill )

Experian is showing Date of Removal for

$971.00 3/2011

What would be the best way to have these removed early?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: what would be the best method of having these removed early?

Now that you're ready to pay, the usual DV then PFD process would apply.

They both are collection accounts, right?  Or is the original creditor reporting these as collections?

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are collections however i do not know which collection agencies to send these too. On my Experian reports they are listed under Interstate Credit Collections, But on my Equifax report they are listed under CB of Winston-Salem Collections. Which one do I DV and send the PFD too? I dont want to pay 2 different CA's on the same debt?
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

DV all of them all at once, and see who validates.  Only one will validate, and that will be the one you PFD.  That's part of the purpose of the DV, to figure out who has the right to collect that debt.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Once I figure out who to actually PFD, what process do I go about to get the other collection agency to stop reporting this?
Message 5 of 10
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Once I figure out who to actually PFD, what process do I go about to get the other collection agency to stop reporting this?

When the other CA cannot validate, they MUST stop reporting.  If they do not,send a dispute letter w/copies of your DV letter & copies of the green card to the CRA's.

If the entire envelope comes back, green card still attached & unsigned...copy front (for mailing verification) & back, for non accept verification and it has to be removed.

Keep in mind...each DV letter has to be sent to the address on that particular CR.  For instance, EX & EQ might show same company...different addresses, use the address for the company that is on the actual report.

And lastly...do not throw anything out.  Keep your PO receipts (for DV's I always use a cc) keep the stamped stub of the cert. mail thingy, keep a copy of the DV letter sent.  I staple all this together...do what works for you.

When green cards come back....those go with the bundle...etc.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does anyone have a good DV and PFD letters i can use for reference?
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If the entire envelope comes back, green card still attached & unsigned...copy front (for mailing verification) & back, for non accept verification and it has to be removed.

When you say is" it has to be removed " do you mean from my CR?

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes--removed from your CR.

Use the search box in the upper left to find some samples for the letters.  Most of the letters ask for much more than is required for validation.  In response to DV, the only thing they need to provide are the original creditor, OC's address, and the amount due.  So ignore the letters that ask for more than that.

PFDs will be easy to write yourself, but there are plenty of samples to get you started.  Remember to get everything in writing. 

The PFD only gets rid of the CA, not the OC--the OC can still report.  Just keep that in mind.

Message Edited by jesslyn on 08-15-2009 05:05 PM
Message 9 of 10
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I agree to use the names and addresses on your CR.

But additionally,who to DV to should not be a legal dilemma that you should have to ferret out.

That is part of the purpose of the requirment of a written dunning notice to you under FDCPA 809(a), which identifies the identify of the CA, the OC, the debt, and your 30-day DV rights.

Did you ever get dunning notice within 5 days of the postings to your CR?

If so, I would DV them at that address.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.