cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what would the chances be???????????????????

tag
traveler2005
Established Contributor

what would the chances be???????????????????

Hi All

I had an account with Ginny's several years ago that was charged off for 32.00.  I paid it and it reads on my report now that it is a "paid charge off".  I happened to order some towels from ginny's the other day, same account number as before, so I guess the account wasn't really closed. I paid immediately. My charge off is supposed to fall off in like 11/2015. 

Should I

Good will and ask for it to be deleted.

Dispute and say the account is open and paid in full

Call Ginny's and ask them to update to open and paid in full. 

Let it be and let it fall off in 2015

Thanks for helping me to make the best decision. I have heard that they only report derogatory information, not good info.

Starting Score: TU 573 Exp 523 Lender Pull, Eq 583
Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: what would the chances be???????????????????

@traveler2005 wrote:

Hi All

I had an account with Ginny's several years ago that was charged off for 32.00.  I paid it and it reads on my report now that it is a "paid charge off".  I happened to order some towels from ginny's the other day, same account number as before, so I guess the account wasn't really closed. I paid immediately. My charge off is supposed to fall off in like 11/2015. 

Should I

Thanks for helping me to make the best decision. I have heard that they only report derogatory information, not good info.

If an account goes to CO status its that forever it never again is a useable good account. If for some reason its still open I would be disputing the CO status as its in error, I suggest you call their credit department on Monday and see whats up.

Message 2 of 13
traveler2005
Established Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

@traveler2005 wrote:

Hi All

Should I

If an account goes to CO status its that forever it never again is a useable good account. If for some reason its still open I would be disputing the CO status as its in error, I suggest you call their credit department on Monday and see whats up.

Hi 

I called Ginnys today, they are still using the same account number that was supposedly charged off. Can I dispute the charge off status, since I  ordered another item and paid for it within a few days. Would this change it to an open account paid in full as this is the current status of the account????   Thanks in advance

Current Score: TU 673, Exp 664.,Eq 672 04/17/2015 TU 741 Equifax 682 Experian 678

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 3 of 13
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Maybe buy something and let it report. Then dispute the CO as it is still an open account on your report.

Not saying this will work but I think I would try it lol.

Odd situation, congrats!
If anyone needs me I will be In The Garden. Goal Score: 760 for all in 2015.
Current FICO Scores EX: 715 EQ: 756 TU: 762
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Victim of The great AMEX HP heist of Dec 1st, 2nd and 3rd of 2014.
Message 4 of 13
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Let me clarify, another account would likely show up same account number and with luck same open date. At that point you have a great reason to dispute the CO as a duplicate account with wrong status (closed / charge off).

Down side may report any lates from pre charge off but then again maybe not?

They did NOT re-pull your credit right?
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Message 5 of 13
traveler2005
Established Contributor

They did not re pull my credit. I hadn't use this account for 5 years. I logged in and thought the account number was still the same. So I thought I would order something, pay it off to have the account in good standing. I called ginnys today to verify that the account number was the same
I asked them if they could report the open and current status. They said they only report delinquent status.
I could dispute the charge off. Say in the account is open and current. They may put the latest on it but would the latest be as bad as a charge off. They would also be approx 6 years old.

I could send ginnys a 623 notice and inform them that they are willfully reporting wrong information.

What route would you all suggest???

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 6 of 13
TheGardner
Valued Contributor

Being that they will not report monthly. Email them asking if the account is still open and current. With the reply you can submit that as evidence to the CRA that it was in fact not charged off to dispute the status. Should come out with a 6 year old account in good standing and turned into a positive trade line.

If it isn't adjusted a CFPB complaint may be in order as the account is open and being reported incorrectly.

Good luck and keep us posted!
Last APP April 21, 2015.
Message 7 of 13
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

I have a question for the OP, when you were current with Ginnys, did they report to your credit monthly?

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 8 of 13
traveler2005
Established Contributor

No. Only when the account became negative.

Last HP 6/10/2015
Message 9 of 13
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

@traveler2005 wrote:
No. Only when the account became negative.

Sigh, I wish I would've known that. LOL. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.