Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

whats the next step?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

whats the next step?

I was working on getting my credit back in shape and had gotten both equifax score back to 635 and transunion back to 685 when like alot of pepolpe got laid off. I have 2 accounts with HBSC and 2 accounts with preimier and both had the credit protection on them. with HBSC there hasn't been any problems with the payments being made, but preimer there has been. I've been sent a letter with settlement price on it. The credit protection that was suppose to make the payments for me while I was laid off, and made 1 of 4, so the not only was I reported late, they now want to settle the account for less than the balance. I've treid to explain to the rep what was going on but they weren't hearing anything,

Should I just pay off the cards for the settlement amount or pay off the entire balance, either way I was told that they couldn't change the reported late payments.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: whats the next step?

Just adding to the posted question.

The credit protection with Preimer has been contacted and they said they didn't know why the payments hadn't been made since I had submitted  the claim formsThey are sending some type of claim form for me to explain what had happen and to again verify the time I was out of workI called Premier and updated the rep as to what was going on. She "said" she would update my account information, but I was told even with any proof that the accounts should have been paid by the protection plan the late payments on my CR could not be updated.

This doesn't seem right to me.

What can I do to get Premier to update the account once I have submittted proof to them that the error wasn't my fault?

BTW once the everything is back the way its suppose to be I'm going to be able to pay the balance and keep a good standing with them. I don't want to settle this account because its over 3 years old with issues until now.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.