cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

when an item is verified as accurate,,,,

tag
timmyc38

when an item is verified as accurate,,,,

whats the next step? keep disputing? or is that the end of it, and it cant be deleted? This is not about the judgement I posted by the way, other items
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: when an item is verified as accurate,,,,

It would really depend on why you disputed it in the first place.  Just disputing something to see if it will be removed is not a good idea.   Give a little more information please.

Message 2 of 12
timmyc38

well its for $50 bucks .. BMG music service .. Which absolutely is not mine.. its showing as a major derog. Twice they verified it as accurate.. I never subscribed to this music club..
Message 3 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

SInce you have already disputed twice don't do it again.  It is only hurting you.

I am going to assume a CA is listing the TL.  If so, send them a DV letter.

Message 4 of 12
timmyc38

yes its a collection agency .. i was thinking of calling them directly.. its only 50 bucks, but still , its a collection
Message 5 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Never contact a CA by phone.  Always in writing.  If you don't want to do the DV you can send a PFD.  But get it in writing. 
Message 6 of 12
timmyc38

please define a DV and a PFD
Message 7 of 12
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Sorry.  You might want to spend some time reading the links in my signature.

A DV is Debt Validation.  It essentially puts the burden of proof on the collection agency to prove you own the debt.

PFD is a pay for delete.  It is an agreement between yourself and the CA (collection agency) that if you pay the debt, they will remove it from your CR.  This needs to be in writing on their letter head with a signature.

Message 8 of 12
timmyc38

thanks for 50 bucks i may PFD ...but still its not mine..
Message 9 of 12
timmyc38

do you really think a 50 collection is hurting my score enough to be worth it
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.