Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

where do I go from here

tag
vader77
Established Member

where do I go from here

Hello all, been reading on the forums for a while and finally decided to as a question.  Been working on repairing my credit for a year or so, here is where I'm at:

I've had a lot of success getting items deleted - Removed - Berks Credit and Collections, Professional Account Management, Universal Collection Services, HSBC,  2 Judgements and a Tax Lien.\

I have added USAA Secured AMEX 4500, Cap One Secured $1000 and First Premier and Orchard, Both $300.  All 4 are Maxed out right now but will be paid off completely in Jan.

Baddies - Bankruptcy on home - discharged 4 yrs old and 2 Charge offs, HSBC and Cap One - both paid, both 4 yrs old.  Tried like heck to get them off and they wont budge.  Also have a bad Auto loan that was in collections but fully paid it off.

I have seen some success in raising my scores - 523 to 611 but thats it. 

Here are my questions - (1). will I see any score improvement when all the balances show zero on the 4 cards?  (2). I have a really good income and could afford to raise the limits on the USAA AMEX and the Cap One secured, will that help any? if so, how much should I raise them? (3) I have a current car loan from Santander, had it 3 years all good except for 2  30 days late 2 years ago, this is not reporting on my TU score (which is my best score)  If I tell TU to report this one will it help or hurt.

Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
vader77
Established Member

Re: where do I go from here

Sorry, above should read USAA secured AMEX $500, not 4500.

Message 2 of 9
annielorie
Valued Contributor

Credit utilization is 30% of your fico score so get all your cards to zero except one and let that REPORT less than 9% for best scoring.  Raising your credit limits will help with your utilization and hopefully you can keep it under 25% and not let them max out again, creditors get nervous when you hit your limits and sometimes do a financial review.  I would make 2 payments between now and January not just one lump on a card as not to set off their internal bells on your accounts.  Good will those santander lates to death quite literally when u get then removed then have TR report the tradeline. Hope that helps

Starting Score: 0
Current Score: TR??FICOEQ ?? FICO
Goal Score: 760

Lowes7,000 Discover More 2800. Jcpenny 6,000
Chase freedom 800 Never take NO for an answer!!
Message 3 of 9
Jutz
Valued Contributor

@vader77 wrote:

Hello all, been reading on the forums for a while and finally decided to as a question.  Been working on repairing my credit for a year or so, here is where I'm at:

I've had a lot of success getting items deleted - Removed - Berks Credit and Collections, Professional Account Management, Universal Collection Services, HSBC,  2 Judgements and a Tax Lien.\

I have added USAA Secured AMEX 4500, Cap One Secured $1000 and First Premier and Orchard, Both $300.  All 4 are Maxed out right now but will be paid off completely in Jan.

Baddies - Bankruptcy on home - discharged 4 yrs old and 2 Charge offs, HSBC and Cap One - both paid, both 4 yrs old.  Tried like heck to get them off and they wont budge.  Also have a bad Auto loan that was in collections but fully paid it off.

I have seen some success in raising my scores - 523 to 611 but thats it. 

Here are my questions - (1). will I see any score improvement when all the balances show zero on the 4 cards?  (2). I have a really good income and could afford to raise the limits on the USAA AMEX and the Cap One secured, will that help any? if so, how much should I raise them? (3) I have a current car loan from Santander, had it 3 years all good except for 2  30 days late 2 years ago, this is not reporting on my TU score (which is my best score)  If I tell TU to report this one will it help or hurt.

Thanks!

Yes, you will see a gigantic bump from lowering your UTIL from 90%+ to <9%

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 2 TU 1 EX 1 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 4 of 9
vader77
Established Member

Thanks for the input.  I did not realize that a lump sum payment may raise suspision.  Thanks again!

Message 5 of 9
Jutz
Valued Contributor

@annielorie wrote:

Credit utilization is 30% of your fico score so get all your cards to zero except one and let that REPORT less than 9% for best scoring.  Raising your credit limits will help with your utilization and hopefully you can keep it under 25% and not let them max out again, creditors get nervous when you hit your limits and sometimes do a financial review.  I would make 2 payments between now and January not just one lump on a card as not to set off their internal bells on your accounts.  Good will those santander lates to death quite literally when u get then removed then have TR report the tradeline. Hope that helps

What internal bells?  I'm wondering what risk you're seeing in that.  Sudden ability to pay so they close the line while they have the chance?

• Current: EQ FICO 706, TU FICO 701, EX FICO 706 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $36,700
Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 6 of 9
annielorie
Valued Contributor

THe internal bells are that often when you pay in lump sums amounts that have run up cc often to a cl decrease. Dont know why but if youve read as many posts as I have in the past year you would see the pattern.  Maybe they think money laundering.

Message 7 of 9
Jutz
Valued Contributor

@annielorie wrote:

THe internal bells are that often when you pay in lump sums amounts that have run up cc often to a cl decrease. Dont know why but if youve read as many posts as I have in the past year you would see the pattern.  Maybe they think money laundering.

K I got ya.  I was trying to figure out if you meant FICO or the CCC.  Yeah if I were an opportunistic CCC and saw a potential high risk customer all of a sudden PIF I might take that time to CLD or close

Chase Freedom $9500
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $3000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $3100
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Message 8 of 9
annielorie
Valued Contributor

psst wish I had enough money to be even considered for the stealth of money laundering LOL

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.