Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

which cra gets used most?

tag
ando35
Frequent Contributor

which cra gets used most?

Which CRA do credit cards and auto lender use most? I know. it depends. But for credit cards and auto loands which one gets pulled most? Or do they pull all three?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
-NewGuy-
Moderator Emeritus

Re: which cra gets used most?

@ando35 wrote:

Which CRA do credit cards and auto lender use most? I know. it depends. But for credit cards and auto loands which one gets pulled most? Or do they pull all three?

As you said, it depends. Different companies can use different CAs, sometimes based on where you live, products, etc.

For me personally, I live in So Cal and it seems that 90% of my CC pulls are EX.

Message 2 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

EX is the biggest CRA of the big three so where I am (Idaho) EX gets hit more than the others for all types of loans.

Message 3 of 6
oldcreditwoes
Contributor

dont know about CC and auto loans for major banks, etc  but my local credit union, that I use exclusively for loans, CC, etc....pulls only Equifax....and equifax only...

@ando35 wrote:

Message 4 of 6
ando35
Frequent Contributor

I used to think Experian was the toughest but now Equifax is my lowest score. It's strange.

Message 5 of 6
oldcreditwoes
Contributor

different scoring models.    EQ is also my lowest, about a 35 pt spread between EQ and EX, my highest.

when myFico swapped reporting models last year in may.....went to FICO 8, my EQ dropped over 50 pts.  Different scoring model weighs different report items differently......I guess FICO 8 was not happy with some of my old baddies at that time.

the whole scoring thing is a bit confusing, so I dont stress about the numbers.......(much), and just try to focus on the report content.  easier said than done, but that is the approach I have taken in recent months.

@ando35 wrote:

I used to think Experian was the toughest but now Equifax is my lowest score. It's strange.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.