Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

who actually removes PFD?

tag
rwt
New Contributor

who actually removes PFD?

I have been rebuilding my credit and have had alot of luck with disputes and pfd's but I am confused on the latest pfd. The story... I paid a medical bill in full with the terms of a pay for deletion and this happened about a 2 weeks ago. The collection agency told be to call back a couple days after the payment was made to make sure it cleared and then she wold contact the CB to have the item released from my report. I call and she sent it over while I was on the phone with her. I called transunion and told them this and they said it stays on the report for 7 years. He said the collection agency is the one that has to delete it not them... I was under the impression that a collection agency calls them and tells them to delete it. So for an early removal is it the collection agency that deletes it of the CB?

Seedling:

Starting Score: 595
Current Score: 595
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
down_n_out
Contributor

Re: who actually removes PFD?

As far the removal it is submitted by the CA, as mine did and as far as I understand it. Calling the CB and telling them you did a PFD is not a good idea cause that is information that only you and the CA should know. But the CA has to submit the removal electronically as far I understand it.

Message 2 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

The CA, if using e-Oscar sends a AUD (Automated Universal Data) Form to the CRAs electronically requesting deletion of the account.  The CRAs manually do the deletion.

If they don't use e-Oscar, they mail in a UDF (Universal Data Form) requesting the deletion.

None of it is done over the phone.

Message 3 of 4
rwt
New Contributor

@guiness56 wrote:

The CA, if using e-Oscar sends a AUD (Automated Universal Data) Form to the CRAs electronically requesting deletion of the account.  The CRAs manually do the deletion.

If they don't use e-Oscar, they mail in a UDF (Universal Data Form) requesting the deletion.

None of it is done over the phone.

Thankyou, I may have misunderstood her as she was taking care of it whle I was on the phone with her. I will wait a few weeks and see what happens

Seedling:

Starting Score: 595
Current Score: 595
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.