Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

will 27 late payments effect my credit

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: will 27 late payments effect my credit

@Anonymous wrote:

no they sold it in 2012 to a collection agency, I then paid them this week. I got an update that FP undated the account. Thats when i seen all the lates. So they didnt ow the account from 2012-2015. jefferson capital did

Did they sell it or did they assign it? FP is known to do both. Did the balance go to $0 on FP's reporting in 2012?

Message 21 of 29
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

no they sold it in 2012 to a collection agency, I then paid them this week. I got an update that FP undated the account. Thats when i seen all the lates. So they didnt ow the account from 2012-2015. jefferson capital did

If in fact First Premeir "sold" your account in 2012 to a collection agency they as Norman said and corrected me (thank you)  should've then ceased reporting any lates statuses after 2012 because they "sold" it. If they actually just gave Jefferson Capital collection authority, they didn't have to stop reporting lates but my concern would be they waited ALL THESE YEARS to report these lates, AFTER you paid the charged off balance. 

I'm getting irritated for you. Goodwill the flippin thing, First Premier is such a pain in the A**!

Starting Score:TU:791(Dec3), EX:783, EQ:000
Current Score: TU:786(Aug9), EX:776, EQ:782 (Aug8)
Goal Score:820 across all boards

If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs! -Steven Universe
Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

i never use them. I generally have no use for them its why i never had any since . those that i did have it was just a bad time in my life, ex wife left me and the kids to go party, became depressed, then had to go in for a surgery, pay got cut in half. I know its not an excuse. I had a responsiblity. I failed. it was a good feeling before all that i could get whatever i wanted, cars, whatever had great credit.

Since 2012 if i couldnt afford it cash i didnt get it, and if i wanted it then i saved for it. The credit union gave me a 7000 dollar loan also to help improve my credit, She asked what i needed it for. I said nothing. I seriously make between 84,000 and 100k a year. Ive learned to live without CC...well i got remarried, i had kid, she had kids, we want a bigger house now...So now im really trying to get back to where i was so we can get a bigger home for our family that grew kinda over night....I literally despise credit cards or payments. it use to be cash was king...now credit is king because they want to charge you the intrest. In the long run they'll make more money off intrest, except me  i pay it in full.

my 60 month truck loan paid in 9 months, new harley paid in 6 months, another new harley paid off in 3 months...so even my paymet history sucks because i dont keep one..why she gave me the 7000 to create a payment history. the 7000 just sits in the account and the payment is automatically deducted from the account so i dont even have to worry about it. so that should help my credit history.

I just am stressing over these 90 day lates.this house thing we want to do next year. we only owe 55k on this house and i should have it paid off by the end of the year. but the house is in her name because she could get the 4% intrest rate, but a bigger home we would need my income as a factor to get approved

Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

i never use them. I generally have no use for them its why i never had any since . those that i did have it was just a bad time in my life, ex wife left me and the kids to go party, became depressed, then had to go in for a surgery, pay got cut in half. I know its not an excuse. I had a responsiblity. I failed. it was a good feeling before all that i could get whatever i wanted, cars, whatever had great credit.

Since 2012 if i couldnt afford it cash i didnt get it, and if i wanted it then i saved for it. The credit union gave me a 7000 dollar loan also to help improve my credit, She asked what i needed it for. I said nothing. I seriously make between 84,000 and 100k a year. Ive learned to live without CC...well i got remarried, i had kid, she had kids, we want a bigger house now...So now im really trying to get back to where i was so we can get a bigger home for our family that grew kinda over night....I literally despise credit cards or payments. it use to be cash was king...now credit is king because they want to charge you the intrest. In the long run they'll make more money off intrest, except me  i pay it in full.

my 60 month truck loan paid in 9 months, new harley paid in 6 months, another new harley paid off in 3 months...so even my paymet history sucks because i dont keep one..why she gave me the 7000 to create a payment history. the 7000 just sits in the account and the payment is automatically deducted from the account so i dont even have to worry about it. so that should help my credit history.

I just am stressing over these 90 day lates.this house thing we want to do next year. we only owe 55k on this house and i should have it paid off by the end of the year. but the house is in her name because she could get the 4% intrest rate, but a bigger home we would need my income as a factor to get approved

Actually they prefer to make money from the vendor fees, and want you to pay in full each month. Far less risk for them that way. The smart way to use your cards is to use them in place of cash or debit card for all of your monthly expenses, and pay them down immediately. I even pay my rent with my rewards cards now.

Message 24 of 29
LShawn08
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you have documentation that clarifies that First Premier sold your account in 2012 to a collection agency, find it and use it to dispute it on your CR. Otherwise start the goodwill process like I said earlier. Just keep in mind the process can take weeks if not months but trying is better than sulking about it. 

Starting Score:TU:791(Dec3), EX:783, EQ:000
Current Score: TU:786(Aug9), EX:776, EQ:782 (Aug8)
Goal Score:820 across all boards

If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have hot dogs! -Steven Universe
Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

all of the CC showed a balance. I then called the CC companies. they told me who to call. I called those companies. asked them for a PTD. they said no. so i paid them. they said they would settle for less than the full amount. I said what will it show on my credit report. They said it will say "settled for less than the full amount' I declined their offer and paid the FULL amount owed.

. all the balances dropped to 0 with the exception of FP. they still show a balance and all the lates. but they have been paid. but instead of a 0 balance i now have a balance with a bunch of lates lol. if you look at the icture i posted you'll see 2 diffrent reportings. one is showing only 4 lates and everything else good, one showing 27 lates...

Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

all of the CC showed a balance. I then called the CC companies. they told me who to call. I called those companies. asked them for a PTD. they said no. so i paid them. they said they would settle for less than the full amount. I said what will it show on my credit report. They said it will say "settled for less than the full amount' I declined their offer and paid the FULL amount owed.

. all the balances dropped to 0 with the exception of FP. they still show a balance and all the lates. but they have been paid. but instead of a 0 balance i now have a balance with a bunch of lates lol. if you look at the icture i posted you'll see 2 diffrent reportings. one is showing only 4 lates and everything else good, one showing 27 lates...

Yeah, FP is notorious for that sort of inconsistent reporting. A lot of people seem to get them to delete by continually pointing out their reckless reporting. Just keep on them, insist that they fix it and escalate to BBB and CPFB.

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

im gonna start the GW processes next month. Im working on removinging 2 tax liens that were paid back in 2010 to get removed and wells fargo whom i got totally hoses by over a furnace that was never installed by the contractor. they told me at that time they didnt care. that was between him and I, not them and I. So i ended up being stubborn and saying well take me to court, well they did and won and i had to pay 12k LOL. But its settled and they seem like they'll work with me to get it taken off. a year and a half later the contrator finished the work....word of advise, never hire family to do work for you that ownes a business. lmao

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok its my bedtime. I will be on them, thanks for the info and i"ll keep you all posted!!! I love this site!!!

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.