Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

william and Fudge Collection Agency Question and Help

tag
JMills
Frequent Contributor

william and Fudge Collection Agency Question and Help

Ok since I have been rebuilding, out of nowhere this collection agency was added and it brought my myfico from 40 points. This is my university where I graduated. I was paying the tuition and they still sent me. Now I will send a validation of debt or maybe pay for delete. My issue with this CRA is every other month they keep adding on this same debt. I think there doing this to be vindictive, thank God my score doesn't go down when they do this? This month alone they have added the same debt twice. How do I stop this? I am going to pay it but what should I do, I was going to go ahead and pay my school but it won't remove this company from credit file. I think that they see I have new accounts and I am paying my accts on time so they won't to keep adding this debt every month. Let me know how I should proceed with them.
Starting Score: EX: 705 EQ: 711 TU: 750 01/06/2014
Current Score: EX: 673 EQ: 673 TU: 643 05/06/2020

Last App: 05/06/202020 / In the Garden Until: 12/31/2024

Desired Scores EQ 800 EX 800 TU 800

PSCEU $20,000 Navy Signature $6,600 Navy Rewards $2,500
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: william and Fudge Collection Agency Question and Help

Once reported, a debt collector is permitted to make monthly updates, even if no changes are included in the reporting.

It advises that they still have active collection authority on the debt.

Sure, they are most likely using it as a collection tactic rather than to advise others of their continued collection authority, but that does not make their reporting improper or inaccurate.

You may wish to offer the debt collector a PFD, thus obtaining their CR deletion in exchange for satisfaction of the debt.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.