cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

worth it do pay off collection from 2012? collection agency that doesnt report to credit agencies?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

worth it do pay off collection from 2012? collection agency that doesnt report to credit agencies?

If a collection is from an electric company from 2012 is it worth trying to do a pay and delete or good will deletion or should i just let it go? 
i have submitted a good will deletion via email to every sprint email address i can find and hope it does something. I paid the account as soon as i saw it on my credit report (10 days of it hitting) and ic systems state that sprint will not allow them to do a pay and delete.

this one new collection dropped my lowest score 20 points and my highest 42 points. it now shows paid in full with over 90 days past due. so it will continue to effect my report until it is deleted. so i know i will keep after this one until its deleted. but didt know if one for txu for 500 (orginal bill was 318) 

also i was contacted by a creditor for txu but on my credit reports they are not listed, only txu is listed no collection agency. They also said they cant do a pay and delete because they dont report to the credit agencies they would report it paid as settled (they want to settle for 211) to txu and txu would update the credit agencies. so after payment i owuld have to contact txu (electric) to see about a deletion.

has anyone ever heard of this?

1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: worth it do pay off collection from 2012? collection agency that doesnt report to credit agencie

@Anonymous wrote:

If a collection is from an electric company from 2012 is it worth trying to do a pay and delete or good will deletion or should i just let it go? 
i have submitted a good will deletion via email to every sprint email address i can find and hope it does something. I paid the account as soon as i saw it on my credit report (10 days of it hitting) and ic systems state that sprint will not allow them to do a pay and delete.

this one new collection dropped my lowest score 20 points and my highest 42 points. it now shows paid in full with over 90 days past due. so it will continue to effect my report until it is deleted. so i know i will keep after this one until its deleted. but didt know if one for txu for 500 (orginal bill was 318) 

also i was contacted by a creditor for txu but on my credit reports they are not listed, only txu is listed no collection agency. They also said they cant do a pay and delete because they dont report to the credit agencies they would report it paid as settled (they want to settle for 211) to txu and txu would update the credit agencies. so after payment i owuld have to contact txu (electric) to see about a deletion.

has anyone ever heard of this?

If the OC or the CA are reporting and updating monthly settle it this keeps your Fico score depressed. A settled account for less than full balance still has to report a 0 balance once you have accepted the settlement and paid it. You want to contact whomever is reporting on your CRs about any deletions as each entity can only control what they report.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.