Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wrong name and address on CRA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

wrong name and address on CRA

Hey everyone... First of thanks for all the help so far!

I noticed that each of the cra's have wrong information for me in some way or another... all the have old addresses for me two have my maiden name not married name and one has wrong date of birth.

I'm assuming I can get this all straight but I'm wondering... is this affecting anything? How do they have this old/wrong info on file? Maybe because I'm not using credit so nothing is reporting???

is this a huge issue that's it's wrong?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
elim
Senior Contributor

Re: wrong name and address on CRA

Dispute the current name and current address by calling/mailing/uploading (whichever you prefer) DL and Utility Bill to each CRA. I just did this last month and EQ was the only one that replied "send larger copies of I.D. and Utility Bill". they had the Name and current address fixed the same day i received that letter so i never sent the docs.

As far as previous addresses, i am sending a request to remove all that aren't tied to TL's on my reports. reason: It leaves me much more open to IDTheft.

"Does it hurt anything" not your score (i dont think). But one of the things lenders look for is "how long at current address" so i think having all the prior (and wrong) addresses listed suggests risk. I think the CRA's normally like to list your current and past 2 addresses on each report. I'll keep you posted when i hear anything back from TU/EX/EQ on my latest disputes.

My reporting addresses include 4 of the same (spelled different), all my past real addy's, my parents, my siblings, my ex's. etc.

i just copied this from Barclays website...

A great many factors go into determining how much credit you are granted, and what it will cost over time.

To make this determination, a financial institution assesses your risk by using the following factors:

• Ability to pay: the capacity you have to repay your current debts and support additional debt; this is why banks collect information about your income, assets, and current debt.
  • Stability: relates to the length of time you have supported other loan products, how long you’ve lived in one location, or the length and type of employment you have; this helps lenders understand how likely you are to encounter issues that may impact your ability to support your obligations.
  • Willingness to repay: based mainly on your credit history, this tells banks how well you’ve handled your previous and current debts, which is a strong indicator of how well you will manage any new obligations.
Message 2 of 4
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

I would clean it up for my personal satisfaction. They'll probably ask you to provide a legal ID to make some changes, like your name for example. The addresses are quite easy to remove with an online dispute and deleting them. 

Good luck.

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Elim...I'd love it if you'd keep me updated...I will most likely be working on mine in the meantime.

Thank you guys!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.