Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wwyd...medical bill

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

wwyd...medical bill

Hello All

My husband just noticed a medical collection on his CR. The bill is from a January 2009 hospital visit. Its $466. The CA offered a 50% settlement. This is the only collection and negative mark on his CR. I have some negatives but they fall off next year. I have no collections. We jusy closed on our house 2 months ago.
Should we pay or ride it out until it falls off? any CA ever sue for such a relatively small amount?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: wwyd...medical bill

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello All

My husband just noticed a medical collection on his CR. The bill is from a January 2009 hospital visit. Its $466. The CA offered a 50% settlement. This is the only collection and negative mark on his CR. I have some negatives but they fall off next year. I have no collections. We jusy closed on our house 2 months ago.
Should we pay or ride it out until it falls off? any CA ever sue for such a relatively small amount?

Yes, I was sued last year for just over $500. But this one is pretty old and they are already willing to settle for half. You got your mortgage in your pocket already, so I would just ride it out at this point.

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sued for $500...wow!!###!!

My husband was just admitted for a week in the hospital in April and now we are scrambling to pay $3500 in medical bills plus a new mortgage. Money is tight now.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Its over 6 years old - likely past SOL in most states, thats probably why they want to deal.

Message 4 of 5
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

You can ride it out if you want or offer a PFD settlement for less than full balance if its past SOL. It would be considered a written contract for SOL purposes

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.