Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

yes, another goodwill question lol

tag
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

yes, another goodwill question lol

Is it typical for companies to simply not respond to goodwills?

I have sent out probably 5 stamp books worth of goodwill letters, and have only recieved mail/email responce 1/10th of those times. 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tischer712
Regular Contributor

Re: yes, another goodwill question lol

From what I have experienced yea, Suncoast schools Federal Credit Union has NEVER responded to any of my GW letters. Along with NCO financial. I have never EVER received a written response.

Starting Score: myFico Scores Equifax 544 Transunion 585
Current Score: myFico Scores Equifax 655 Transunion 663 Experian 645
Goal Score: 700 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If they have a standard policy not to grant deletion of prior, accurate reporting based on payment of the debt, which is part of their credit reporting agreements with the CRAs, they have no reason to respond.  If a party is not responding, I would try to find the name of someone in their management chain who has the authority to grant exemptions to their standard policy.  Just sending GWs to their mail room probably relegates them to a huge bin at the back of the room.

Message 3 of 4
GoodCredBen
Valued Contributor

The problem is, two of my collects, both with "Statewide Collections" are a small company in oklahoma city, where i used to live. I havent even been able to find a good phone number for them, i send the GW letters to the address listed on my CR. 

Would you guys recommend walking into a CA office with flowers or something for the owner of the company, so that she might actually hear my concerns? lol

i live like 2 minutes from Diversified Adjustement in Minnesota. 

My credit journey has completed. I am currently sitting at 800+ across the board.

I started my journey here years ago, and thanks to MyFico, it really is possible.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.