Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

your guys thoughts?

tag
gettnthere
Established Contributor

your guys thoughts?

I know this should be in the rebuilding forum but honestly im just looking for your guys collective thoughts. And i did post over there but im really not getting any response(i know people have more important need of advice over there) mine is really simple. I had some crazy med collection show up last month, wouldnt agree to PFD, so i just went ahead and paid it. Well i got into contact with OC and they said they couldn't make the CA delete but instead, Gave me a letter of "recommendation" for CA to delete. Now i have drafted my GW letter and attached the recommendation and its ready to be sent. I have their fax number so my question is should i send it snail mail or fax it over. This is my first GW ever lol. So what would you guys suggest?

(I like posting in this section bc i think we all reply pretty quick to help people and we all always try and help as much as possible)

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Re: your guys thoughts?

Hey getnthere!

I'd do both.  Fax then snail mail then I'd call them too again and again.  Stay all over it but be polite and warm when speaking to the reps.

BTW.. this thread will be bumped over to the rebuilding section.  Smiley Happy

Good Luck!!

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 2 of 15
gettnthere
Established Contributor

thanks for the quick reply, i figured the mods will move it as soon as they find it lol was just hoping to get a few responses firstSmiley Happy i appreciate your advice

Message 3 of 15
Jlu
Established Contributor

Certify the mail too. Certified mail tends to get more serious attention from CA's. It's worth the extra few bucks IMO.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 4 of 15
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

I always do things electronically. The mail is a good backup, but Ive had my only judgment removed via email, my only collection removed via online dispute, and a duplicate tradeline removed via fax. I dont like waiting around for responses lol

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 5 of 15
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Also look at hipaa method.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 6 of 15
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Thanks guys, i knew i could depend on ya"ll,

Jlu, your absolutely right i will definitely send it cert.

Jcstarkey, after reading your post ive decided to send it via e-mail as well, to cover electronically lol

Crashem, i will ABSOLUTELY follow your wise advice to do hipaa if they fail to accept my GW

You guys are awesome!! I more than appreciate yall's replies Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 15
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Oh and i will definitely post back on my results if you guys are interested lol

Message 8 of 15
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@improvingmycredit wrote:

Hey getnthere!

I'd do both.  Fax then snail mail then I'd call them too again and again.  Stay all over it but be polite and warm when speaking to the reps.

BTW.. this thread will be bumped over to the rebuilding section.  Smiley Happy

Good Luck!!

Agree with this approach, good luck ^^^

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 9 of 15
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Re: your guys thoughts? --UPDATE

HOLYYY COWWW!!!!!!!!! you guys are NEVER gonna believe this. my jaw is literally still sitting on the floor. so you guys already know whats goin on...well i followed yalls advice and sent it via fax and email at 11:00am and then finally went to the post office at 3 to send the letter via snail mail. WHEN i got home i my phone started going off for an E-mail......THEY SAID THEY WERE DELETING AND IT SHOULD BE GONE WITHIN 7 BUSINESS DAYS!!!!!! whooooooooooo hooooooooooooo i just cant belive it, it was so INCREDIBLY FAST!!! and it gets better about 30 minutes after receieving the email..i got a Phone call from a VERY VERY friendly CSR from the CA, stating that they had received my fax and were sending in a request to all 3 major credit bureaus to have the account DELETED. i just CANNOT believe how fast and easy this was. i was in no way expecting this AT ALL. i figured it would at least take a couple months at best. i cant begin to tell you guys how Ecstatic i truly am right now! Thank you guys so much for the replies and advice. YA"ll really are a GREAT group of people to be with!Smiley Wink 

Special thanks to ImprovingMyCredit, JLU, jcstarkey, Crashem and webhopper!!

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.