cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP! SHOULD I DV OR LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP! SHOULD I DV OR LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE?

I have some medical bills and one non medical collection account that is scheduled to be off my credit report late this year. I reside in Georgia and the SOL for all of these accounts are up. I figure that since they know the SOL is up they wont bother validating and they will be deleted.  None of these CA are writing or calling, etc.

1.  Should I DV them in hopes of getting them off sooner?

2.  Should I send my DV letter to the CRA or the CA?

3.  If these items are to be deleted can they in some way restart the clock?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HELP! SHOULD I DV OR LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE?

What are your current FICOs? What is your util on your CCs? Are you plannig on apping for something big like a car or a house before stuff is deleted?

1.) Please give info on my questions.

2.) Same as #1

3.) No Way!!!!!!

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

my tri score is 481 but experian 496, equifax 463 and trans 484. my utilization is low on my cc but its a credit rebuilding card so the limit is not enough to on put the balances of the medical bills on it.  also im trying to buy a house by next year this time and i have a lot of work to do.
Message 3 of 10
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Where did you get these scores? Not from this site? Do you have other bad items on your reports that are 2 years old or less?
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i got my score from a mortgage lender. yes i have several items i have a repo from 10/2007 that c/off with a balance of 1845 in 2/2008. i have three other c/offs with c/o dates of 10/2008, 5/2007 and 2/2006. and i have a total of 22 collections with the newest one being reported april of 2009 from BMG music.  * included in that 22 are 13 that are medical all unpaid.
Message 5 of 10
fused
Moderator Emeritus

The med collections are not killing your scores, they're too old. Its the repo and other non-med collections that are killing your scores. I would focus your attention on the non-med stuff to improve your scores.
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

if i begin making payments on the medical debt that isnt about to fall off will it likely hurt my score?
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

or should i try to pay them off in full and just have it updated as paid instead of re-aging the account by paying on them.  i need to take care of most alot of the medical debt because fha only allows 1500 in medical debt.
Message 8 of 10
fused
Moderator Emeritus

These med collections are old, leave them alone. As I said, your focus should be on the stuff that's having the greatest impact on your scores. Fixing credit can take a long time, can you put off buying the house for more than a year?
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

yes. im 27. want to have purchased my first home by the time im 30
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.