Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HIPAA Process

tag
aquatic1
Established Contributor

HIPAA Process

good morning,

I paid three medical debts straight to the hopsital last month.  I sent three seperate certified checks with the account numbers on each check.  Once I verfied that they were indeed cashed.  I sent the pre-HIPAA letters to each CRA.  EX had all three collection accounts, EQ had one and TU had two.  I hand wrote all letters and sent them CM.  Here are the responses I received from the 3 CRA's.

TU - sent letter verifying that accounts were deleted from reports.

EX- checked online and all three collection accounts are listed as PAID,CLOSED

EQ- intitially the collection account was deleted but just checked a few minutes ago it has reappeared and is listed as PAID, CLOSED.

TU is the only one that I received actual response from.  I have read the stickies but really would like to know what my next step is.  I am sure it will involve another lette but this time CMRRR.

Thanks in advance! 

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: HIPAA Process

Did the CA(s) ever send you validation of the paid debts?
Message 2 of 15
aquatic1
Established Contributor

@fused wrote:
Did the CA(s) ever send you validation of the paid debts?

Nothing from the CA listed on my CR's. the only thing that I have is a letter from the OC stating that they received my checks and that the accounts are paid in full. But that was before I started the HIPAA process.

Message 3 of 15
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Sincethe CRAs “verified" your paid collections but the CA did not provide an accurate and complete validation, send this letter to the CA.

ALTERNATIVE MED DV LETTER TO THE CA

After you receive the green card for the Alt Med DV letter to the CA, mail this follow-up dispute letter along with a copy of the green card from the ALT DV letter to the CRA(s) CMRRR.

FOLLOW-UP DISPUTE LETTER (2) TO THE CRA'S

Message 4 of 15
aquatic1
Established Contributor

Do I send one letter about all three accounts or do I send a letter for each account? The three bills are all with the same company. I will send out tomorrow.

@fused wrote:
Sincethe CRAs “verified" your paid collections but the CA did not provide an accurate and complete validation, send this letter to the CA.

ALTERNATIVE MED DV LETTER TO THE CA

After you receive the green card for the Alt Med DV letter to the CA, mail this follow-up dispute letter along with a copy of the green card from the ALT DV letter to the CRA(s) CMRRR.

FOLLOW-UP DISPUTE LETTER (2) TO THE CRA'S

Message 5 of 15
fused
Moderator Emeritus

One letter per account.
Message 6 of 15
aquatic1
Established Contributor

@fused wrote:
One letter per account.

Thank you.  Will send letters out on Monday.  I will also update on this thread once I hear something.

Erica 

Message 7 of 15
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I hope you win!
Message 8 of 15
aquatic1
Established Contributor

Update,

I sent my second letters to the CA who I DID NOT PAY (paid to the OC) of course CMRRR yesterday evening.  However on my EX report today, it shows that 2 of the three accounts that I paid are now under investigation.  I am lost at this point.  They originally was reporting as PAID/CLOSED after I sent the pre-hipaa letters.  Am I going too fast?  Or is this the usual way that it happens.  I have two more medical accounts that I need to pay off and I am contacting these two OC's at the end of the week.  I really don't want to feel overwhelmed by having too many things outstanding HIPAA wise.  Just looking for any comments!

thank you in advance... 

Message 9 of 15
fused
Moderator Emeritus

You sent the CA the ALT med DV letter, right?
Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.