Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Letters and the mysterious Teal Ink Pen

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Letters and the mysterious Teal Ink Pen

So maybe I'm missing a post - why the teal/purple ink?
Message 11 of 20
fused
Moderator Emeritus

curiousgirl wrote:
So maybe I'm missing a post - why the teal/purple ink?

The letters and envelops should be handwritten using personalized stationary and purple or teal font to help avoid an electronic MOV (method of verification). AKA, E-Oscar. You want a human to be involved in your dispute, not just some computer. After trial and error, it was found purple and teal work the best.

For more info: read this E-Oscar

Message 12 of 20
igdycsmG6
Regular Contributor

So use:

• Personalized Stationary
  • Use teal or purple ink
  • Handwrite the letter and envelope

(because they will use e-oscar if you don't, which is an automated scanner and not a proper method of validation)

• Send CM only

Questions

Is the header on the paper and the return address on  the envelope preprinted or handwritten?

Does the color of the paper matter?

When you say Teal font, do you mean simply teal colored ink or a certain shape of letter and color

I saw italics mention in a few posts, do you mean write in italics or type headers and return address in italics?

Sorry for the questions but I was thrown off by font and italics especially if I am handwritting the letter 

Message Edited by igdycsmG6 on 04-23-2009 08:55 AM

Starting Score: EQ:609
Current Score: 624
Goal Score: EQ:725

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 20
fused
Moderator Emeritus

igdycsmG6 wrote:

So use:

• Personalized Stationary
  • Use teal or purple ink
  • Handwrite the letter and envelope

(because they will use e-oscar if you don't, which is an automated scanner and not a proper method of validation)

• Send CM only

Questions

Is the header on the paper and the return address on  the envelope preprinted or handwritten? Yes

Does the color of the paper matter? Any color other than white, off white is fine though.

When you say Teal font, do you mean simply teal colored ink or a certain shape of letter and color

I saw italics mention in a few posts, do you mean write in italics or type headers and return address in italics? Teal ink, no computer italics. I haven't edited my pinned thread, sorry.

Sorry for the questions but I was thrown off by font and italics especially if I am handwritting the letter 

Message Edited by igdycsmG6 on 04-23-2009 08:55 AM

Message 14 of 20
igdycsmG6
Regular Contributor

MOD answered a previous  question as  follows: 

Is the header on the paper and the return address on  the envelope preprinted or handwritten? Yes

Sorry didn't quite understand the "yes" answer to that one. 

So do I handwrite the  header and returned address on the envelope or do I have it typed on in teal color when I order stationary?

Thanks

Message Edited by igdycsmG6 on 04-23-2009 12:32 PM

Starting Score: EQ:609
Current Score: 624
Goal Score: EQ:725

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 20
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Everything is handwritten in teal or purple ink. No computer generated letters or envelops.
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just for good measure, before handwritting the letter, I load the blank paper in my printer and use MS-Word to insert a full page picture watermark (format-background - set scale @100% and check washout).

Message Edited by dwarfess on 04-23-2009 03:19 PM
Message 17 of 20
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Interesting! Has it worked??
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

It took almost exactly 30 days (might have been 31 days). I was very surprised because I thought they were not going to do it. I used purple paper, purple pen, purple envelope ( a card envelope not a regular business one) and a puple return address label and I hand wrote everything plus made copies for my record. I have had three deleated now!

Go to fullsize image

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, so I'm almost ready to start sending out letters, but for the life of me cannot find a pen with Teal Ink.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

@Anonymous wrote:

Ok, so I'm almost ready to start sending out letters, but for the life of me cannot find a pen with Teal Ink.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

And the cupcake said "Wen I said Bite Me, I ment it!"

Message 19 of 20
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! HUZZAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.