Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not removing from cr after deletion notice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not removing from cr after deletion notice

Hi all:  I had a medical collection placed on my cr on 2/19/09.  This dropped my fico by 50+ points.  Anyway, I spoke with the collection agency and they agreed to send a notice of deletion to the cra's, which they did on 2/20/09.  I have a faxed copy of the deletion notice from the collection agency but it has still not been removed from my cr.  Collection agency says it can take the cra's up to 90 days.  Question - isn't this an unreasonable amount of time considering it went onto my report 2 days after being reported?  Any suggestions on how to get the cra's to delete the info asap as we would like to buy a car and potentially refinance.

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Not removing from cr after deletion notice

Can you paste this written notice to delete in this thread? Just leave out your personal info.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't scan it into my computer but it reads as follows;

Date: 02/20/09

Original Creditor: xxxxxxx

Original Account#: xxxxx

CCA Account #: xxxxxxx

To: xxxxxxx

This letter is to inform you that CCA has closed the above mentioned account with our office.  Any account information reported to Trans Union, Equifax or Experian by our company will be deleted.  If you have any questions concerning this matter please contact  us at xxxxxxxxxx.

Thank You,

xxxxxxx

Message 3 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Did the CA ever send you the original letter?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

No they didn't  - just  what I wrote but it was not the original to the creditors.  I guess I need to contact them and get the letters that were directly sent to the cra's.  The women I spoke with said that if I had a problem I could use this letter as proof that they will be deleted.  Just thought 90 days was a ridiculous amount of time to wait for a deletion. 
Message 5 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Since you have a written contract (the PFD agreement) with the CA, you cannot use the HIPAA process, it will be fruitless. I would send a dispute to CRAs and attach the letter from the CA.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.