Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

So many letters to choose from

tag
holhat
Regular Contributor

So many letters to choose from

Hi

Can someone advise me which letter is most appropriate for my situation please....

I have 3 verified (by CRA only) OLD collections with 3 different CA.  The amounts are less then $100.00.  I am thinking I want to offer half or nothing due to age just to get the delete and I have a time crunch to raise score.

Deletes help raise score correct?  Am I also correct that I read somewhere on here that medical must be deleted if paid due to hipaa?  Would like to know if this is a reasonable or sensible thing to do.  THANKS!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: So many letters to choose from

In order to protect your rights under HIPAA  you do not have any contact with a CA!

You should always pay the OC when dealing with medical as only the OC must follow the HIPAA law not the CA!

Paid medical must be deleted.

Message 2 of 10
holhat
Regular Contributor

Well that's where I keep messin' things up!!  No wonder I am having so much trouble getting this....duh!!

THANK YOU!!   Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 10
fused
Moderator Emeritus

How old are these unpaid collections? When were the dates of treatment?
Message 4 of 10
holhat
Regular Contributor

03 - 04

Message 5 of 10
fused
Moderator Emeritus

After the CRAs received your pre-HIPAA dispute letters, I assume the CAs never sent a complete and accurate validation of the debts. Is this correct? Also, are these collections marked as "disputed and verified" on your reports?
Message 6 of 10
holhat
Regular Contributor

Nothing from CA but I didn't write to them or ask either, was I supposed to?  I just sent pre hipaa to CRA and got nothing but a new entry of "verified additional info from original source" and "consumer disputes this debt".

I guess thats the part I keep confusing.....who to send which letters to.  I better go re read the whole hipaa thread. I think I already screwed it up though    Smiley Surprised

Message 7 of 10
fused
Moderator Emeritus

When you send a pre-HIPAA letter to the CRAs, the CA is notified of this dispute and they're "suppose" to send you validation. BUT, they rarely do. Since the CAs did not send you validation, your next steps are these.

Send this letter to the CA CMRRR.

MEDICAL DV LETTER TO THE CA

After you receive the green card for the Med DV letter to the CA, mail this follow-up dispute letter along with a copy of the green card from the Med DV letter to the CRA(s) CMRRR.

FOLLOW-UP DISPUTE LETTER (2) TO THE CRA'S

Message 8 of 10
holhat
Regular Contributor

Thank you!  I went back and read the hipaa thread and re read it again.....I think it's finally

clicking.  Smiley Surprised   Takes me longer then the average Joe sometimes.....lol   Smiley Very Happy

Thanks for your patience with my stupid questions.  

Message 9 of 10
fused
Moderator Emeritus

You're welcome, let us know how it goes.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.