Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Next??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

What Next??

I had a $91.00 collection on my credit report (all 3) well, the CA (Hollis Cobb) told me over the phone that they had several accounts with them and wanted me to make payment arrangements for the total over all.  I explained I could not afford to that.  So, I sent them a PFD to see if I could get what I wanted.  That did not work because the responded with the 2 other collections itemizied statements ONLY!  So, I called the OC for the $91.00 reported on my credit and paid them directly.   How do I get this $91.00 dollar medical collection off of my report, now? - Think I put this in the wrong forum earlier
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Re: What Next??

I see that you posted in both boards, here is some general information that you should be answered then the experts can help you a little better!

To save time and energy, please provide the following information in your initial post, if its available.

Is the med collection on your reports?

Is it paid or unpaid? 

If paid, who did you pay, the OC (original creditor: doctor, dentist, hospital, etc.) or the CA (collection agency)?

If unpaid, do you have the money to pay it off in full?

Do you remember the date(s) of treatment?

Have you ever disputed the med collection? If yes, when and how?

If you did dispute the collection, is it currently marked as "disputed and/or verified" on your report(s)?

Have you ever requested debt validation from the CA? If yes, what did they send you and when did you receive it?

If you have already started any of the steps in the HIPAA letter process, please post the following in your initial post or your new post.

The steps you have already taken and when.

The letter(s) you have written: to whom, when and the result(s) from the letter(s).

Dod you send the lettter(s) CM, CMRRR, Priority Mail, etc.?

Did you send any dispute letters, DV letters, etc that were not part of the HIPAA letter process?

What were the outcome(s) from the these letter(s)?

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I see that you posted in both boards, here is some general information that you should be answered then the experts can help you a little better! After the first post I was confused on how to transfer

To save time and energy, please provide the following information in your initial post, if its available.

Is the med collection on your reports? yes

Is it paid or unpaid? paid as of today

If paid, who did you pay, the OC (original creditor: doctor, dentist, hospital, etc.) or the CA (collection agency)?OC

If unpaid, do you have the money to pay it off in full?

Do you remember the date(s) of treatment? 8/9/09

Have you ever disputed the med collection? If yes, when and how? No

If you did dispute the collection, is it currently marked as "disputed and/or verified" on your report(s)? no the account has not been updated since 07

Have you ever requested debt validation from the CA? If yes, what did they send you and when did you receive it? No

If you have already started any of the steps in the HIPAA letter process, please post the following in your initial post or your new post. No

The steps you have already taken and when.

The letter(s) you have written: to whom, when and the result(s) from the letter(s).

Dod you send the lettter(s) CM, CMRRR, Priority Mail, etc.?

Did you send any dispute letters, DV letters, etc that were not part of the HIPAA letter process?

What were the outcome(s) from the these letter(s)?

What are the next steps I should take??
Message 3 of 6
Schoolbuskid
Valued Contributor

Its important that you follow the Hipaa process to a "T". This should be your next step, complete this step, then we can move to the next step!

Step #1: You must Opt Out of two things: Your Credit Reports and All Creditors. The first one ensures that t

he CRAs will not sell your personal data to anyone else (haha…no more data mining). The second one will prevent JDBs (and CAs) from buying and selling bogus collections.

Use this link to opt-out of your credit reports

OPT-OUT CREDIT REPORTS (or call 1.888.567.8688)

Use this link to opt-out from all of your CURRENT creditors that you're in GOOD standing with. Do not attempt to opt-out with any CAs or current creditors that you're in BAD standing with (i.e. charge-offs, or currently late).

OPT-OUT ALL CREDITORS

Rebuilding and Reducing Debt, is my game plan.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Follow the HIPAA process.  After the check is cashed and you have opt-out. HANDWRITE the first dispute letter.
Message 5 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Good advice guys!
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.