cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YAY!!! I finally won...for now at least!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

YAY!!! I finally won...for now at least!

A medical collection hit DH's CR that is mine. We have been calling trying to get this straghtened out. Well today I lost it! I called the OC first and advised that I did not feel that they should be reporting my medical on DH's CR. The lady was very rude and not helpful! She told me to call the CA and "deal" with them. Well, the lady at the CA office was insanely rude and a smartie pants! Said, oh well...give me your ss # and I will be happy to add it to your CR. I argued with her that it was not fair that they put it on DH's CR when the service rendered was for me. I also told her that I know the HIPPA laws and she told me that I was full of it! I quoted the "non business purpose once it was paid" line. She was a royal you know what. She told me that I needed to call the OC as they reported it to them that way. Mind you the last 3 times I have contacted them I have gotten the run around and even told misleading information. Well, I was fired up and ready to deal with another rude person at this point. I was surprised when a really nice, calm, helpful lady answered the phone. She took a minute to read through all of the notes that they old reps typed in and said she was ready for my questions. I asked her why in the heck my medical collection was showing on my DH's CR and she said, well he is the "responsible party" since the insurance is covered through his work. But, anytime we are contacted to correct any errors, we promptly reply. She said that she was removing his name completely from any of my medical collections and was emailing the CRA dept at the CA to advise them that they MUST stop reporting immediately to the CRA's. She fixed everything in their system and should be removed from his CR!!!! She is mailing a bill as proof without his name on it and only in my name as I request to have the CRA's remove! Which, hopefully the CA will take care of this before I have to handle. Persistance does pay off!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Re: YAY!!! I finally won...for now at least!

Check his reports before you celebrate.Smiley Happy Also, I sense you have a lot energy and will, but its not a good idea to talk to CAs on the phone. Bad, bad things can happen. Let us know if the collection comes off of his reports.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fused, yes I know that it may and probably will still be a battle. And yes, I should not have talked to the CA from some posts that I have read on here. I was just fed up with both them and the OC so I had to settle it. They have a way of just "making my skin crawl" if you know what I mean. I will post the progress of this on this post to let everyone know if it actually was deleted. Thanks for all that you do for everyone, Fused! You seem to help people change their lives one post at time! You are  very appreciated! Kudos to you...again.

Message 3 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Well, thank you! Do let us know what happens.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update on this post...I received a copy of the corrected bill from the OC as promised with my name only on it. DH's name is not on it at all. I have already sent all 3 CRA's copies of the OC's bill with a letter attached advising of the error in reporting. I did call the OC as this was disputed with EX on 03/27 as "not mine" on DH's credit report and the CA updated on 03/27 as debt verified and remains. Well, the rep that I spoke with told me the correction was made on 04/01 and there are notes in the system that they have notified the CA to delete any record of DH's name in their system and to correct with the CRA's. She did not request payment, but advised her that I would be more than happy to take care of the bill once the correction was made on all 3 of DH's credit reports. She ended by saying that she totally understood and was sorry for the problems this has caused. Will update once I actually see proof that this entry was deleted by the CRA's.
Message 5 of 6
fused
Moderator Emeritus

interesting...I hope you win.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.