Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

collection past due

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

collection past due

So after following this whole hippa for TU- They came back with updated info, and still on report---Than i disputed a few months later and got a letter stating they would not investigate.....Than I contacted Tu on phone and they deicded to reinvestigate..

Now today i get 2 letter form Tu...dated the same day different file number----1 has updated employment info with the medical collection i disputed as a past due balance of 1709 original amount 5109--the other letter has balance of 3400 with orginal amount 5109......I settled with hospital 3400 was to be paid for a paid in full status--sonce i couldnt get a pfd......

Im not going to wrry about this right away(atleast try not to) since im in process of purchasing a house...

But what would be my next step....I paid the hospital restrict endorsments..And followed this whole thing just like i did with other med collections but it will not go away..

what do i do now

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: collection past due

and also i dont know which one is the correct one, since i cant pull my tu free report---but the report with the biggest file number shows that I have a balance of 3400 from the 5109 i owed....3400 is what I actually paid them for the settlement.....

Someone please help me, Im so FRUSTRATED  with TU

Message 2 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

If you're planning on buying house, I wouldn't use the HIPAA process. In fact, if your buying a home, I wouldn't do ANY credit fixing activity. Doing so will tank your scores.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Like i said im not going to do anything right away...But what should i do once ive finshed home purchasing....

Other 2 cra removed...But TU has updated it as a past due collection ----

Message 4 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

When do you plan on closing on a home?
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

29th May

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

And now for some reason I was able to pull my TU free report---It does show that I am pass due $3400, which is totaly incorrect because thats what the settlement payment was...
Message 7 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry, but I cannot recommend fixing credit and apping for a house at nearly the same time. The reality is, its one or the other.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.