cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A lie of omission is still a lie....right?

tag
Marcos8
Established Contributor

Re: A lie of omission is still a lie....right?

If you know you are for certain not getting married then I wouldn't sweat it. Save for yourself. I also personally wouldn't buy a house with someone I was emotionally involved with but not married to. Nothing but trouble there. Just my humble opinion. Best of luck op. 

Message 21 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since you have concerns ... move carefully as trust in a relationship is primary. As you know, you can only change you so unless your partner decides there is a problem or situation you cannot force the change on the person. Long term, do you want to be in a situation where you have a lack of trust?
Message 22 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since I know you've all been antsy for an update....Smiley Tongue  The incident that led to the post was without a doubt the very best thing that could have happened for our relationship.  We had long talks, soul searching, a few blow out fights, and finally a realization that we are only pretending if after 7 years we can't even share how much money we make, much less combine it.  Soooooooooooooooo

After more talks, soul searching and a few more fights, we are now married!!  I'll save the gory details, but basically digging deep into our finances meant digging deep into pretty much everything.  I have used YNAB for years, and he is now on board (as long as I do the dirty work).  Anyway, my story has a happy ending Heart

Message 23 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

That;s great, 2kids2cats!!!  You were so right about the pretending thing. Congrats! HeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

Message 24 of 28
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

I hope you will update this thread after 6 months and again at 12 months.

I'd like to know how the finances work out. Smiley Happy

Message 25 of 28
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Congratulations! I'm old school and a huge believer in marriage. I think marriage gives a couple a solid foundation in which to build.

Best wishes to birth of you, and congrats again!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 26 of 28
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Best wishes to "BOTH" of you, not birth! I'm not trying to foresee the future here! Lol

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 27 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

Best wishes to "BOTH" of you, not birth! I'm not trying to foresee the future here! Lol

I kinda liked the "birth of you," like a whole new life.  As for any other type of birth, unless I change my name to Sarah, my days are done, lol.  While I'm only half of 90, the ship has sailed Smiley Very Happy

Message 28 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.