cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A very foolish friend... Is he screwed?

tag
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: A very foolish friend... Is he screwed?

That sucks seriously that he has to buy her out.  Live and learn.  He won't make this mistake again !

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 11 of 30
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@Booner72 wrote:

That sucks seriously that he has to buy her out.  Live and learn.  He won't make this mistake again !

Only someone who didn't know him would make that statement, LOL!

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 30
Booner72
Senior Contributor

drkaje - You mean he will make the same mistake again?

Boy it's been a while since this was posted - I guess people don't spend much time in the "relationship" section. 

How's it going for your friend?

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 13 of 30
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Booner72,

He's still sharing the house with her. Both of them are waiting for a buy-out hoping selling the house will solve all their financial issues. She wants to sell and pay off CC debt, mortgage, and home equity loan. He wants $30K for a down payment on another home in the same area. 

Unfortunately, the appraiser was a little too generous with his estimate (my guess would be by about $20K) so both of them are kinda stuck with the price. I mean they both know it's wrong but each are determined to get that number out of the sale.

This will be the third house he's lost in a break-up/divorce.

He's currently seeking sympathy on Facebook. I'm not on any social network sites but the GF is. Smiley Happy

Message 14 of 30
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Update: He's giving up rights to the house and reciving no compensation other than being off the mortgage.

Message 15 of 30
FrugalRican
Blogger

Do these three letters accurately describe your reaction: smh

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 16 of 30
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

Do these three letters accurately describe your reaction: smh

In his defense.... the guy is very emotional, easlily led by women, and not too bright. Everyone begged, argued, and pleaded with him against signing half the house over to no avail. He wanted to make her happy (Honestly, I'd write "shut her up" but don't want to get anyone going) and stop hearing about how not being on the mortgage was too insecure a position to be in and live there.

It was a disaster we all saw coming but all the advice was met with his or her saying we were being unsupportive of their relationship. He also felt we couldn't see what a deep commection they had, versus all the other relationships, LOL! What a maroon!

The only real surprise would have been if he grew a pair or did something smart. Irony is he's actually not the type to learn from this at all and blames her for his stupidity. Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 30
marty56
Super Contributor

It would be great if you could put a credit freeze on someone else's CR for their own good.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 18 of 30
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@marty56 wrote:

It would be great if you could put a credit freeze on someone else's CR for their own good.

He has no credit. The mortgage was privately held.

Message 19 of 30
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Sad to say, I know 5 guys that every penny was sucked out of them by women, most even left with debt. Oh you know the end to the story, these women(can't say the word I wand to use) did move on to other victims.

One was a neighbor, he meet her after his mom passed away leaving him with an inheritance. Short story, they married bought the house next door PIF also a truck for him PIF, she mortgage the house away with a gambling problem, he sold his truck (that broke his heart)they divorced, bank got the house,she went her way he went his. I seen him again, a few years later and he said" he wants her back".

These women would divide and concur, want I mean is. After they came in these guys life's, they would cut off all contact with friends and relatives. By saying, all of them hate her, he's the only one who understands her.  Everyone but these guys could see exactly what was going on,these women brainwashed these guys.

One of these guys is a relative, all happened recently a week ago. He took out a car title loan a month ago, at 266% so she could have some money. I talked with her, she said it was her loan she would pay it back. Well that didn't happen,shes gone. I'm afraid he is going to lose the car. I called the loan place, they said he needs to pay 134 a week to refinance the loan with 5% going toward the principle. That should be illegal, I checked it's not.

I wish I knew, what we can do to save these guys, but I don't. Time and pray maybe the only things to helps.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.