Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I in the Wrong Here?

tag
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Am I in the Wrong Here?

This is a serious issue, and should require serious help.  

1.  Don't argue money over chat, you should sit down and discuss it face to face.  Chat is too impersonal and too easy to get out of control.

2.  Work together, I know it's difficult, my DW and I have had arguments over money for 21 years.  It has happened, it will happen, you won't stop it.

3.  On a personal note, she's PREGNANT.  Not that I'm stereotyping here, but pregnant women are crazy!  Trust me, I know this, from personal experience!

4.  I do hope you can work this out, I'd pay for hair appt. myself if I could, cause I realize that sometimes it's hard to get by, and sometimes you have to stand on your morals, but denying a pregnant woman at Christmas time isn't one of them.

I'm wishing you and your family the best of luck!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 11 of 28
beb86
Valued Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

1.  Don't argue money over chat, you should sit down and discuss it face to face.  Chat is too impersonal and too easy to get out of control.

2.  Work together, I know it's difficult, my DW and I have had arguments over money for 21 years.  It has happened, it will happen, you won't stop it.

3.  On a personal note, she's PREGNANT.  Not that I'm stereotyping here, but pregnant women are crazy!  Trust me, I know this, from personal experience!

4.  I do hope you can work this out, I'd pay for hair appt. myself if I could, cause I realize that sometimes it's hard to get by, and sometimes you have to stand on your morals, but denying a pregnant woman at Christmas time isn't one of them.

haha... Just remember that there are two types of women...the ones who know the are crazy and the ones in denial....the are all crazy...My wife was medicated when we met so she already knew she was crazy...haha but I love her and us men are just as bad....I will go sit in the corner now....trust me I didnt mean to offend anyone

Message 12 of 28
awal
Regular Contributor

@beb86 wrote:

@Shogun wrote:

haha... Just remember that there are two types of women...the ones who know the are crazy and the ones in denial....the are all crazy...My wife was medicated when we met so she already knew she was crazy...haha but I love her and us men are just as bad....I will go sit in the corner now....trust me I didnt mean to offend anyone

I want to play the voice of reason, but I can't find any basis for arguing the facts. Smiley Wink

Starting Scores: 
Current Scores:  
Message 13 of 28
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

There are a few things I see here that I will comment on. First. Your wife is pregnant! Congrats! 

Pregnant wife = bigger belly + emotions.   Also, your wife mentioned having to buy thanksgiving food with her allowance.

Its likely that she needed more money to accomodate her growing belly and the needs for the holidays. 

I think there are some more serious underlying issues here and I think that if you want to save your marriage, its time to focus on healing the relationship in a mature way and communicating and coming together on making decisions.  Maybe invest in counseling... otherwise, the allowance will be the least of your worries.

FYI, if my husband and I had had that conversation, he would be divorced in a heartbeat.  

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 14 of 28
demi
Established Contributor

Yes, you were wrong.  Wrong in the conversation, and wrong for posting on the web.

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 15 of 28
jake619
Frequent Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

I think there are some more serious underlying issues here and I think that if you want to save your marriage, its time to focus on healing the relationship in a mature way and communicating and coming together on making decisions.  Maybe invest in counseling... otherwise, the allowance will be the least of your worries.

"If you want to save your marriage"?  Really?  Some couples talk to each other that way, even more so in informal, impersonal chats, but it isn't indicative of the marriage's health.  $h__ gets real when kids and money are involved.  Add hormones and holidays... this will pass.  It does bring into question other things, sure, but to imply the marriage needs "saving" is a reach.  +1 for the exchange actually occurring.

Message 16 of 28
FrugalRican
Blogger

This conversation, over Gchat?

That's a clear indicator of a LOT more problems than just financial ones... namely, communication ones.

You're both in the wrong, by the way.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 17 of 28
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@jake619 wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

"If you want to save your marriage"?  Really?  Some couples talk to each other that way, even more so in informal, impersonal chats, but it isn't indicative of the marriage's health.  $h__ gets real when kids and money are involved.  Add hormones and holidays... this will pass.  It does bring into question other things, sure, but to imply the marriage needs "saving" is a reach.  +1 for the exchange actually occurring.

When people don't feel safe and validated in a marriage they get very defensive...  At what point is it worth staying in a marriage if neither partner feels safe?  If the damage goes too far, you can go past the point of ever being able to reclaim what brought you together.  An impersonal chat is fine, as long as attacking and yelling isn't going on... 

Partners should be able to communicate without having these sorts of major issues pop up in an informal chat. There was a lot of frustration and mistrust displayed in the chat on the original post.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 18 of 28
drkaje
Senior Contributor

@beb86 wrote:

@Shogun wrote:

Gotta love'em, though!

Sadly, there's a genetic component to (as you put it) needing medication.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 28
Skater

if my husband talked to me like that i wouldn't be sticking around for long.  she's buying things for your children.  help her out.  jeez

Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.