Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are we going to make it!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Are we going to make it!

IMO a good partner will change for the better especially if it is extremely important to thier other half. Its been said time and time again, money is one of the biggest reasons for divorce.

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your absolutely correct. And I dont ever want to go through that. I guess if hes not willing to shape up then Ive dodged a bullet then!

Message 12 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Be sure to let us know how it goes.

Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am just so frustrated with my boyfriends spending habits. For someone who is almost 30 he seems to have no idea on how to manage money or when to stop spending. We plan on getting married sometime in the next 2 years. I have a whole plan laid out for  my life. I am 27 now. So in two years I plan on buying a house. Which I why I am so passionate about rebuilding my credit. But he is just not getting it for some reasons. I helped him apply for his very first credit card through capital one-$500 CL and he applied for another Cap one on his own $300 CL. I did all this with the intent of establishing credit for him because he had no real credit history other than student loans. I explained to him that in order to build credit he needed to keep his spending to under 30% less if possible.  And now here we are a year later and both cards are completely maxed out. He only makes minimum payments.  I spoke with him about this and he said if he has 25 dollars left on the card and has no money then hes going to spend it.  Hes just being irresponsible and it urks me because I want to have a future with him. But we dont seem to be on the same page in regards to his finances. He wastes money on unceccesary things and then blames it on me. lol. I just cant.  I dont know what to do. I went as far as to cut my credit cards up and only make payments on my balances. Im at a loss right now.  Sorry for the rant.

You've got your future with him, and you're living it right now. Sorry, and many, many hugs and squashes.

Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am just so frustrated with my boyfriends spending habits. For someone who is almost 30 he seems to have no idea on how to manage money or when to stop spending. We plan on getting married sometime in the next 2 years. I have a whole plan laid out for  my life. I am 27 now. So in two years I plan on buying a house. Which I why I am so passionate about rebuilding my credit. But he is just not getting it for some reasons. I helped him apply for his very first credit card through capital one-$500 CL and he applied for another Cap one on his own $300 CL. I did all this with the intent of establishing credit for him because he had no real credit history other than student loans. I explained to him that in order to build credit he needed to keep his spending to under 30% less if possible.  And now here we are a year later and both cards are completely maxed out. He only makes minimum payments.  I spoke with him about this and he said if he has 25 dollars left on the card and has no money then hes going to spend it.  Hes just being irresponsible and it urks me because I want to have a future with him. But we dont seem to be on the same page in regards to his finances. He wastes money on unceccesary things and then blames it on me. lol. I just cant.  I dont know what to do. I went as far as to cut my credit cards up and only make payments on my balances. Im at a loss right now.  Sorry for the rant.

Hi there Songburd18,

Can you update us on how things went with your discussion with your fiance?  I just finished reading the thread in full- and inquring minds want to know ;-)

Message 15 of 23
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Must not have gone that well???

:-( 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

IOBA- are we dating the same men? lol My bestfriend keeps telling me I have bad taste in men and in the future I should ask for a credit report before commiting to a relationship.....it's so frustrating when you work so hard and keep yourself on a budget to live the life you want and some one comes along and takes advantage of your kindness!

Message 17 of 23
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Nope.  Not with those guys any more.  It's a little startling when I get a call from a collection agency or someone else looking for my x's.  I've changed my phone number a few times.  But oh well.  I give them whatever information I have and wish them well.  Life moves on. 

It was a struggle (in many different ways) to leave the situation.  But I am happy that I did it.  I am so glad I had the strength to make changes.

My money, my choices.  Smiley Happy  And those x's?  They are my learning lessons.

Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

@IOBA wrote:

Nope.  Not with those guys any more.  It's a little startling when I get a call from a collection agency or someone else looking for my x's.  I've changed my phone number a few times.  But oh well.  I give them whatever information I have and wish them well.  Life moves on. 

It was a struggle (in many different ways) to leave the situation.  But I am happy that I did it.  I am so glad I had the strength to make changes.

My money, my choices.  Smiley Happy  And those x's?  They are my learning lessons.

So pleased for you that you had the wherewithall and strength to get out. Funny how formal higher education has absolutely no bearing on financial acumen, eh? Hope the OP is doing well now. Wonder what became of her.

Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Make it on your own way if you Boy Friend doesn't understand clearly what to do. However, congrats and enjoy your conjugal life. Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.