Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America + Driver's License

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America + Driver's License

@IOBA wrote:

Then get a debit card? It's 2016 after all.

Message 21 of 22
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: Bank of America + Driver's License

I don't like Bank of America and I am not getting an account with them to loan my folks money.  Nope.  And now that my folks now I can't give them any money, it's a moot point with Bank of America.

As for the other companies demanding way more information than is really necessary to pay a bill - they can screw it.  I don't have to provide my DOB and SS# to pay each and every single bill that comes my way.  Either accept my funds or not.  And if you won't accept it directly, my bank will send you a check and you STILL won't get my DOB and SS#.  *eye roll*   There's nothing criminal about using a credit card to pay an exact amount of a bill.  There's nothing criminal about using cash - either exact bills or very, very close it to - to buy something cheap.

It seems like too many people are requiring way more information that is necessary to process a transaction.  The grocery stores may be next.  Would you provide your DOB and SS# to buy groceries?  Or buy gas?  Even if you are paying with cash?  Or a credit card?

I am hyper sensitive to it because I have had my identity stolen before.  

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.